Refreshing please wait. Possible solution (at least for me)

I experienced this "can’t connect " lately a lot.
When I looked at this status page I could see that it seems that the Vera servers are down.
Well there not.

I also noticed that on top it states that it uses the cell connection but I have wifi turned on ?
My cell in the house is very spotty and if Veramate is really trying and using the cell network it will most likely not work.

So, I noticed that I have also turned in “phone calls over wifi”.

I tried and when I turn this “phone calls over wifi” off then Veramate will connect right away.

This is on iPhone 6+ with version 9.3.2 on Verizon.
And Veramate version 10.10.1.2 premium.

So, when you have this “refreshing” error, check what network Veramate tries to use and see if it makes sense.

Rainer.

I have a new 10.11 beta version I’m currently testing if anyone would wish to try if you’re getting this error a lot. Please use the in-app contact screen to “send diagnostics” and request access if you’d like to.

There is sometimes a limit to what VeraMate can do, but I’m attempting to handle some more errors etc from users feedback - I’m hoping this might help.

Has anyone tested this new beta yet…?

I could not login to my Veramate anymore with the latest login. There is a hand icon. When i clicked on it, it showed a few error messages that the app could not connect to the login server. My native Vera app is still working though.

I’ve currently 3 (possible 4) reports which have been having trouble logging on this week, however I can’t find a correlation to the 10.11 changes.

If they’re all the same (awaiting further diagnostics), it appears the UI7 authentication request has been returning “no data” from the Micasaverde servers - this is from the exact same command VeraMate was using even a month ago, so this is almost certainly something changed on the micasaverde servers.

The login definitely works with the official app (on cellular)? Could you try rebooting your Vera box?

I restarted my veraedge, tried both LTE and different wifi networks. Here is the log stack:

Vera log

Locate unit

Configuration download (connection timed out (server down?) -vera-us-oem-autha.mios.com)

Data refresh…

I believe I’ve found the issue for users who are simply not able to login - this was due to a 10.11 issue not handling multiple veras correctly. If you create a user who only has access to one box, that should allow you to login.

I’m getting an emergency release out which hopefully we can push through, and a beta for affected users (PM your login/email/VeraMate version if you would like access).

The new firmware fixes my login error now. :slight_smile:

Great to hear !

I just started having this problem today, august 18, 2016. Is there something in this June fix that would still be lingering for any of us? I believe I noticed the app updating perhaps even yesterday. I have rebooted the router, the vera lite (ui5), and the iPhone 5s. multiple times. i was not able to connect either locally nor at my coffee shop. Simply says refreshing please wait and does not update the status of anything. thank you