recommendation for controller

what is an easy to install zwave controller?

I have the Vera Plus and it was easy to install and set up;. Once beyond that, the interface is the worst thing I have seen in 50 years of computer experience.
The interface is Scene driven, not device driven. I know what my Living Room Z-wave devices are and where they are . I don’t know what all the Scenes associated with that device may do. Being new to Z-Wave, I don’t know if the scene driven approach is because it follows a legacy or is an inherent aspect of Z-wave?

There are too many screens required to do a job. The screens look like the 1980s days of low res screens. EVERYTHING necessary for 20 or 30 devices could be on one screen, with pop-up windows for all aspects of each device. As it is in the X-10 Active home Pro interface. I have one scene that took seven screens to complete. I can’t remember that much stuff. Finding the screen to do a job is a job in its self. Show it to me all at once. It can be done.

Does anyone know if there are other Aps that work with Vera?

I have used PLEG since December. Gives you much more control instead of using scenes, like using AND logic and not just OR.

If you click on the arrow on the right of the device, you’ll have list of additional settings, like settings, options, notifications, etc. One of them (last?) is about scenes connected to a specific device. You can see and edit scenes from that place.

There is AltUI, you can try this.