recommend a parts list please? DSC WTK5504P & vera edge & Envisalink3

hi trying to build a new system, complete noob on all of this…

I want to get a wireless system to interact with each other using the vera edge and a DSC WTK5504P keypad. I think I need to use the Envisalink3 to link the 2 for remote arm/disarm, not sure?

I would like 24hr monitoring on the DSC alarm system by a “UL” listed company to get the insurance discount also.

I need various sensors in my setup such as open/close, water, smoke, temp, motion exc…
some lights, locks, key FOBs, and extra wall mounted “wireless” keypads to arm/disarm the system will be added later on to expand the system… looking at total of 60+ sensors and zwave devices.

my question is: can someone tell me exactly what DSC parts and other parts I need to complete this system? and what sensors will work on both systems (vera edge & DSC WTK5504P keypad)

remember I want 24 hr cellular monitoring and push/text/email alerts to multiple phone #s of my choosing regarding certain events triggered within the system. (one event say water detection will send an alert to cell phone 1&2 or a smoke detection/fire will alert cell phones 1&2&3&4 exc…)

any tutorials using or linking these specific components together would be major helpful…

thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer…

OK, lets see if we can get you on the right track with your project.

I have a wired/wireless DSC system of my own that is linked to my Vera via EVL-3. I should be able to walk you thru this.

First off, you need to decide which DSC system you plan on using. The EVL-3 works with the 1616, 1832, or 1864. If you plan on using ONLY wireless sensors, you will be limited to 16 zones on the 1616, 32 on the 1832, and 64 on the 1864. If you plan on having 60+ wireless sensors connected to the DSC, you will require a RFK 5564 keypad with an 1864 panel. You may want to do some research on wireless motion sensors as there is a delay on them that doesn’t interact well with VERA when you are attempting to create instant triggers from motion. Wired sensors are instant. Wired sensors are also MUCH less expensive. Also, if you decide to use both wired and wireless sensors on the same system, there is also a good chance that you will lose a few zones due to the way the DSC is set up. Nothing you can do about this.

In ANY case, you will require either a wireless transceiver (TR5164-433) or an additional wireless keypad (any keypad that starts with ‘RFK’) to ‘talk’ to your WTK5504P keypad. In either case, both of these devices need to be wired to your main panel, and with the TR, you require an RFK keypad to program it. You may also want to explore other keypad options, as I did, where I use an Android tablet with an app that allows for Keypad input, but doesn’t limit your keypad to only one function. I’m using mine for an automation ‘base station’ at the front door with keypad input as one of my functions. The WTK will only ever be an alarm keypad. Other options can serve this function, along with MANY others.

The EVL-3 is 2-way communication between the panel and the VERA. This means that the VERA will be able to see each zone as an individual device and use them as triggers for events. The EVL-3 also allows the VERA to control the panel, Arm, disarm, etc.

I would like 24hr monitoring on the DSC alarm system by a "UL" listed company to get the insurance discount also.

The on-board circuitry is all you require to connect to a UL monitoring station. You need to run a phone line to the panel. There are other methods of monitoring if you do not have a land line, either web-based or GSM based. These require additional hardware.

I need various sensors in my setup such as open/close, water, smoke, temp, motion exc.. some lights, locks, key FOBs, and extra wall mounted "wireless" keypads to arm/disarm the system will be added later on to expand the system.. looking at total of 60+ sensors and zwave devices.

my question is: can someone tell me exactly what DSC parts and other parts I need to complete this system? and what sensors will work on both systems (vera edge & DSC WTK5504P keypad)

VERA and DSC use entirely different communication frequencies and Z-wave sensors will not work with the DSC and vice-versa.

remember I want 24 hr cellular monitoring and push/text/email alerts to multiple phone #s of my choosing regarding certain events triggered within the system. (one event say water detection will send an alert to cell phone 1&2 or a smoke detection/fire will alert cell phones 1&2&3&4 exc..)

Alerts to cell phones, etc., this can be easily done with VeraAlerts and a little bit of programming. Everything to do with my VERA is achieved in one app… This way, I don’t have an alarm app, an automation app, a camera app, etc. Everything in one place.

Hope I helped

Vodden

any update on your system? reason why I ask im thinking of going with a similar setup with a DSC pc 1864 panel and other for my new homep