Recent Alexa Issues - UK

Recently my Alexa controlled lights have not been working well.

I keep getting Alexa say ‘sorry, Lights is not responding’ or ’ the hub that device lights is connected to is not responding. Please check it’s network connection or power supply’.

Some times the light then do change but it looks like the Alexa commands are not getting a response In a timely fashion from the Vera servers. This happens more at night time.

All lights set to come on/off to a schedule work fine.

Has anyone else experience this issue?. Any suggestions?

I’ve been experiencing the same thing for a few days now. The latency is very noticeable.

Same here. Still using Vera mostly for the Alexa integration. Might have to rethink that approach…

The Alexa commands seem to work better in the morning so I suspect this is associated with network traffic or the Vera Alexa cloud interface server being overloaded at night which is when the US is online.

Vera have contacted me to say they are aware of the issue and working on it

Geez, Vera seems to really have stepped up there game.

Stepped game with proactive support yes. But, I would still like to know what their plans are for future releases.

I notice that through the new Amazon Alexa app Vera devices show as not working so Vera developers will need to work on this too. Also, the Echo spot shows a ON/OFF display when I ask it to turn the lights on. I wonder if they have a new interface which is not 100% compatible with the Vera Alexa system.

Hi Guys,

Also mentioned here, that the Amazon Alexa team noticed some issues with Amazon’s Lambda services over the weekend.
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,108742.0.html

Also, we’ve pushed the new Vera Skill to Amazon for approval which contains localizations for ALL the Amazon Alexa regions, including French, German, Japanese, Italian, etc.

Alexa UK skill now appears to be working much better and faster. The commands execute, i.e. Light on/off or dimmer before the Alexa responds OK. This is an improvement on the 3 to 4 seconds delay of the past few weeks.

I would say it works 9 out of 10 times. Occasionally, I’m getting the ‘sorry lights is not responding’ message but the command still works.

At the moment, Alexa is having an issue. I believe it to be Amazon’s issue though, and not an issue with Vera…

[quote=“Sorin, post:8, topic:199904”]Hi Guys,

Also mentioned here, that the Amazon Alexa team noticed some issues with Amazon’s Lambda services over the weekend.

Also, we’ve pushed the new Vera Skill to Amazon for approval which contains localizations for ALL the Amazon Alexa regions, including French, German, Japanese, Italian, etc.[/quote]

Hi! Any news for the localizations? Alexa has been launched in Italy few weeks ago and I really would like to use with my Vera Hub.
No Vera skill on the italian market until now.

Thanks!

Hi, I’m having a problem with my Echo (1 Echo and 3 Echo Spot):
The vocal command of the style “Call the living room” or “Drop in Bathroom” does not work any more, Alexa answers: “Hm, a problem has occurred, please try again in a few minutes”.
Has anyone else encountered this problem?

[size=8pt]___________________________________________________________________________________[/size]
[size=8pt]Mini Militia[/size] [size=8pt]App Lock[/size] [size=8pt]7Zip[/size]

[quote=“pax84, post:11, topic:199904”][quote=“Sorin, post:8, topic:199904”]Hi Guys,

Also, we’ve pushed the new Vera Skill to Amazon for approval which contains localizations for ALL the Amazon Alexa regions, including French, German, Japanese, Italian, etc.[/quote]

Hi! Any news for the localizations? Alexa has been launched in Italy few weeks ago and I really would like to use with my Vera Hub.
No Vera skill on the italian market until now.

Thanks![/quote]

I signed back in the days for the USA beta. I was using my echos in English until the launch of the italian version. It’s working perfectly now, in Italian.
So, just switch your Amazon account to UK, install the skill and then move it back to Italy. It’ll work.

The UK skill has stopped working again and I keep getting the response that the Vera is not responding.

Anyone else have this issue?

Yes, I’m finding it very hit or miss. Vera from the web page or the phone app is fine. But Alexa can take <1 second or 30 seconds :frowning:

C

Very slow and many times timeout… It was good before not sure what happened again! Any idea when they will be fixed please?

I guess it might be related to the same issues.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,115840.0.html

We are looking into this as we speak.

Seems vaguely plausible. Thanks for the heads up, Sorin

C

I?m getting a delay between Alexa command and Vera response. Usually, Alexa will say, ?hub not responding? something to that effect but the command will still execute 4-5 seconds later. I?m here in the US. Anyone else experiencing this?

Ive been having issues in the US for the last couple days as well. It eventually does the action, but it is so lagged that every request ends with a not responding response, or “[quote=“dj2020, post:19, topic:199904”]I?m getting a delay between Alexa command and Vera response. Usually, Alexa will say, ?hub not responding? something to that effect but the command will still execute 4-5 seconds later. I?m here in the US. Anyone else experiencing this?[/quote]I dont know what happened”