Read Panel - Success then connection goes down

Recently upgraded to a VeraPlus when my Veralite had memory failures and wouldn’t boot anymore

Plugin worked like a champ with Veralite but can’t get it to work with VeraPlus

• Entered interface password and IP was detected automatically
  • Set installer code (which is not the default)
  • Performed a “read panel config” with panel in “ready” mode (i.e. no faults)
  • After several minutes, status goes to “Ready” but soon after that, status becomes “Connection down”
  • Even when the status is down, I can sync time between laptop and panel

Vera is on FW 1.7.2044. Plugin version is 4.22. Both are the latest. I am using EVL3

I’ve generated a log while doing a “read panel” with debug turned on. Please refer to attached.

I had the exact same issue.

Here is what I did to fix that…

1. Open your EVL3 Vista Panel
  2. Go to tab “Codes”
  3. Check that your Installer and Master codes are correct and if not click on the number and update the code and then save by clicking add/update
  4. Install the plugin called ALTUi which is an alternative UI
  5. Click on the device ALTUi
  6. Click on settings tab
  7. Click on local and a new window should open
    8 ) If it asks you to upgrade say yes and close that window and wait until Vera is finished with the plugin upgrade and click on local again
  8. Click on Devices in the ALTUi
  9. Click on the EVL Partition (not the panel)
  10. Click on Actions
  11. Scroll down to the middle where it says “StorePinCode” and enter your master pin code (not installer pin code) and then click on “StorePinCode” and a pop-up should come up confirming that the settings have been saved and click ok
  12. Click on Close at the bottom of that previous window
  13. You can now close the ALTUi tab or window which you opened before by pressing local and go back to the Vera UI 7
  14. Click on ALTUi under Devices as before
  15. Click on Advanced at the bottom
  16. Click on New Service
  17. Click on Reload Engine

After all this is done, you should be able to arm and disarm. The reason why the connection goes down is because Vera UI7 has still big issues with storing parameters. Even you trying to store the master code in different tabs will not make them stick. The only option I found to store the code permanently is the procedure above. There are other ideas out there with waiting 10 minutes, etc but none of those worked.

Hope this helps and you can get it up and running like I did. Took me a while to figure that out.

Update: It worked for 3 hours and now the connection is down again. Looks like more investigation to do. I was close. :frowning:

Update: Very interesting. The reason why my connection went down was because I had a master and a slave Vera talking to EVL3 at the same time. One of them always works while the other one doesn’t. I just powered off my slave who was working with the Alarm system and now Vera Plus has no issue talking to the alarm system.

Just to clarify “master and slave”, do you mean you actually had 2 physical Vera units on the network? In my case, I only have the single VeraPlus unit.

I too had read and suspected it being an issue of storing codes. On both the panel and the partition under “Advanced-Variables”, the installer code is correct. It took some experimenting for the code to stick.

The thing that’s interesting and extremely frustrating at the same time is that it worked perfectly on the Veralite with UI7

That’s a long story but to keep it short.

Tried to transition from Vera 3 UI5 to Vera plus UI7. After 1 week of trying, I gave up.

This week I tried again using the procedure from the Vera support website making my old Vera the slave and the new Vera the master.

Copy mode on master, controller shift on slave. Then restore backup from Vera 3 to Vera Plus. I was expecting a total meltdown but that actually worked. I was able to restore a UI5 backup from Vera 3 onto Vera Plus running UI7.

So I had two Veras running in parallel with one Z-wave network until I fixed a couple of flaws on UI7.

That’s why I had two Vera’s talking to my alarm system.

That should clarify the situation. My old Vera is now powered off and everything is running on Vera Plus with UI7 now.

I see. Vera support told me about this mode in moving to Vera Plus. My problem is that my old Vera lite would no longer boot up due to memory failure. So I had to add everything from scratch.

How long has it been from the time you have the plugin working til now? i.e. what’s the current uptime (with no “connection down”)

24 hours with no connection down at all. However, my 6 battery operated motion sensors keep disappearing with “Can’t detect device”. I will probably exclude them and include them again. The Alarm system is working though non-stop.