Reactor Newb - Lost on getting notifications if door is left open

First, I have tried using this guide:

Nothing happens when I setup the AND and AND NOT with notifications. I just don’t get notifications. However notifications work if I setup an activity.

Currently I have a door sensor.
I have a condition set to, AND door sensor equals 1.
On the activities tab I have a DELAY for 15 minutes and a NOTIFY.

This works, but it doesn’t reset and notify again after 15 minutes.
I also realized that this isn’t checking if the door is open for 15 minutes… it just sees open, waits 15 minutes and then send a notify.

I feel lost with all this “jargon” programming… the reactor help pages got me this far.

Hi , there is a repeat setting in the condition click cevron to open and set.

The example below repeats 10 time or until door is closed.

1 Like

Wow… what the heck!? What browser (and Reactor version) are you on there, @ElCid ? That layout…

Yes the layout is terrible , Its firefox on android version 68, Reactor ver 3.8-20262 © 2018,2019

Do i need to have the “sustained for” option used as well?
thanks for the help!

Yes if you want a delay before 1st notification.

1 Like

@rigpapa, to add that is mobile view this is desktop view with same browser.

I use Device Status AND Interval to get the same result.

Can you try the stable branch version 20326? I have a feeling I’ve fixed this already. You should be able to just type “stable” in the row on the ALTUI Plugins page and hit the update button.

Version 3.9develop-20326.1310. No difference still messed up.

Hate to ask, but you did a hard refresh after updating?

Yep, updated Reactor and waited 20+ seconds then hard refresh.

Here’s what I see on Firefox Android on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. Seems fine, allowing for screen size, definitely not as randomized as yours. Of course, it’s not ALTUI, but desktop Firefox on my openLuup system doesn’t look like yours either. Honestly, Android Firefox on ALTUI, I’m not going to chase that one any further.

Portrait:

Landscape:

Version:

No worries i have lived with it for over a year. Just for info i see jumbled whether on alt ui or standard ui.
It is also jumbled in duck and go browser. so I think it is more to do with the android device than the browser

FYI, I develop on Windows and Linux Chrome, Firefox, and Brave (which is my full-time first), and test on those plus Opera. I spot-check Edge. I don’t/won’t have a Mac, but I have a few “canaries in the mine” that help me there.

In addition, there are differences between ALTUI and Vera, as Vera uses a very old jQuery and Bootstrap-ish set of styles, where ALTUI is more modern. That means everything has to be completely retested for ALTUI. It’s a bit of a load. Fortunately, mostly because of the differences between the platforms, I try not to push the envelope and stick to basic, common features and the most-used published styles, plus a set unique to Reactor.

Reactor’s UI is actually bigger than its core/engine (about 20% more code currently), and I would say much more complex. I usually spend a lot more time implementing the UI for new features than the operational part of features, probably something more like 50% more time, in fact. There’s just a lot more variance in conditions, a lot more variables (in the environment sense), etc.

I don’t really build Reactor’s UI for mobile, though. I tend to invest just enough in that domain to make it workable if you have to, but the target platform for all editors is a Windows/Mac/Linux desktop with at least 1024x768 resolution. It occurred to me as I wrote that that I’ve probably not put that in the documentation, and I should… off I go…