Reactor dimmer mirror/follower help

You’ve got the head plugging in to the tail on this, triggering from devices being modified and then modifying devices on the fly that caused the trigger. Nothing is atomic or guaranteed, including the timing of Z-Wave messages, so you’re fighting a losing battle here. The best I can offer you is these changes, but if this doesn’t cut it, you probably should rethink your approach.

• master_dimmer_off_on doesn’t have a delay reset option set on it. I would add one.
  • Activity master_dimmer_off_on has a Set Variable action with a re-eval forced; I would turn that re-eval off.

Also, just looking at this, master_dimmer_change and master_dimmer_off_on are going to trigger at the same time when the dimmer is going from off to anything, with two different activities. Short of using more delays, there’s no guarantee which will run first, or what problems that conflict may create.

Can you also go to the Tools page, you’ll find a link in Troubleshooting for the Logic Summary. Click that, and post the summary here. I’d like to see a little more about the overall environment.

Sorry for the delay on this. I haven’t had a chance to get back to this but this: “Also, just looking at this, master_dimmer_change and master_dimmer_off_on are going to trigger at the same time when the dimmer is going from off to anything, with two different activities. Short of using more delays, there’s no guarantee which will run first, or what problems that conflict may create.”

I have been trying to think of a better way to do this. Is there a way to make one condition evaluate before another? I’d like it to function that if I change the load level on the master switch, it sets the corresponding load level for the other switches BUT, if I turn on the master switch it doesn’t set it to the previous load level, but instead the level I specify. Often, at night, I run them dimmer, but the next morning, I would like them to just go to 80% when I turn the master switch on and not the previously dim level.