Re: Debug your Configuration

Same for me.

I found and installed the Vera Concierge Android app. I got that set up and am now able to control my Vera from my phone (app). I still can not get the Google Assistant to work. Every time it replies, “looks like your Vera Concierge account is not linked yet”. When i follow the steps to link the account it hangs indefinitely when I select the account to link.

Dumb question but does the fact that I log into my Vera Edge with a different email address than that used by Google Home (which is my gMail account) cause issues?

I tried using the Vera Concierge app and when I say “Turn on Popcorn” (the name of a light switch), it says “which switch”.

Hi Richard,

I can’t connect to my local service. This is probably because ConciergeServer says the server is running on 127.0.1.1. This should probably be the ip address of my server, right?

Do you know how I can change this?

[quote=“RHCPNG, post:64, topic:197876”]Hi Richard,

I can’t connect to my local service. This is probably because ConciergeServer says the server is running on 127.0.1.1. This should probably be the ip address of my server, right?

Do you know how I can change this?[/quote]

Allright, fixed it myself. Edited the hosts file. Now let’s see how it works!

There are a couple of other active threads where configuring the local hosts file as a requirement for Linux has been discussed. Please know that the original localhost IP is cached in the Vera database file that is created at startup, and currently isn’t being updated. Therefore, you will also need to delete that database file and restart the setup to recreate it with the updated IP.

Let us know if your connectivity works after this. It didn’t for me.

[quote=“GaryOkie”]There are a couple of other active threads where configuring the local hosts file as a requirement for Linux has been discussed. Please know that the original localhost IP is cached in the Vera database file that is created at startup, and currently isn’t being updated. Therefore, you will also need to delete that database file and restart the setup to recreate it with the updated IP.

Let us know if your connectivity works after this. It didn’t for me.[/quote]I did not need to delete the database file. All seems to be working now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

that’s great to hear you were successful! Does this include that the vera connectivity tests worked too?

If so, it leaves me even more confused where my problem lies. I’m running Raspbian on a Rasberry Pi 3. What are you using?

[quote=“GaryOkie, post:68, topic:197876”]that’s great to hear you were successful! Does this include that the vera connectivity tests worked too?

If so, it leaves me even more confused where my problem lies. I’m running Raspbian on a Rasberry Pi 3. What are you using?[/quote]

Yes, the connectivity tests work too. I?m running it on a NAS running Debian Stretch.

If you wait long enough … my cache will become invalidated … and you will not need to delete the VeraDatabase* files.
I have a fix I am testing that handles this correctly.
It also has a “Connectivity” test on the the LocalConciergeServer … and if it fails it provides suggestions on what to try next. Hope to release tomorrow.

Re: the Google account linking issue reported by Pumpman52 and others - I had the identical problem - it stalls when selecting the account to link. I had the same issue trying to link AutoVoice so believe it is a Google issue. The workaround was to take the long browser URL at the screen where you select the account (prior to the stall) and copy/paste that into an incognito Chrome tab. That will force a Google logon from scratch including the two factor authentication PIN. After that the Google Home was linked to Vera Concierge. I am guessing that it is the two-factor authentication that causes the stall if you have it set to “Never ask again on this device.”

@wmichael3
Thanks for the work around … I did have this problem early on in the development environment. I thought it was a bug in the development environment, because I have never seen the issue when using the normal user environment.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:57, topic:197876”]Like I said … delete your information …

1. Using your browser goto VeraConcierge.com
    Goto my account.
    DO NOT GET THERE BY USING UPDATE CLOUD INFORMATION!!!
  2. Delete all of your Vera Info
  3. Goto your Local Vera Concierge Server
  4. Update Cloud Vera Info

[hr]
If you just do 3 & 4, without doing 1 and 2, you do not delete some cached information which is causing you problems.[/quote]

Richard,

When I go to https://veraconcierge.appspot.com/web/Account and click on “Unlink Vera Controllers From This Account” (I assume that’s what point 2 means to do), nothing seems to change. I refresh page and it still shows my Vera Name, Vera ID, Discovery Date, Vera Account Username, etc.

I remoted into my Raspberry Pi where the Java is and deleted the VeraDatabase file, went back to https://veraconcierge.appspot.com/web/Account and refreshed and still showing there. I went into the Chrome Browser settings and cleared the cache, refreshed https://veraconcierge.appspot.com/web/Account and the info is still there. Raspberry Pi still shows no VeraDatabase file has been recreated.

Does this mean I’m not deleting all the information properly? What else do I need to do to totally delete my information?

On VeraConcierge.com at the “My Account” page there is a button:

Unlink Vera Controllers from this Account.

At that point I still remember you registered … but I will not know anything about your Veras.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:74, topic:197876”]On VeraConcierge.com at the “My Account” page there is a button:

At that point I still remember you registered … but I will not know anything about your Veras.[/quote]

Yep, I clicked on that.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:74, topic:197876”]On VeraConcierge.com at the “My Account” page there is a button:

At that point I still remember you registered … but I will not know anything about your Veras.[/quote]

Ok. I was confused since it still shows my Vera under"Associated Vera Controllers" even if I delete the Veradatabase file from my java PC, refresh the page, clear the web browser cache, reload the page.

I would have expected that section to turn up blank.

I’m just going to try once more from scratch before I try your suggestion of changing my language from Australian to US, as this has other implications when it comes to Google Home (voice accents/recognition, Australian based replies etc).

EDIT: I decided to try https://veraconcierge.appspot.com/web/Account on Microsoft’s Edge browser and it came up blank. I went back to Chrome, closed it, re-opened it and still shows info. A bit more investigation and it turns out it’s not the cache that needed clearing, but the cookies.

That might be something you want to add to your instructions on page 1 that after deleting your account, delete the cookies from the web browser to help avoid confusion.

The cookies only remember the Google account you have logged into … this is a google thing.
I do not use cookies at all.
But In my database, which is indexed by your Google account, I hold information about your Veras.
That’s the information that I wanted you to delete/unlink.

I have local authentication set up on my Vera, and that seems to be what’s keeping it from communicating with the local Concierge Server. Is there a way to have the app supply credentials to Vera when connecting?

That should still work … it will just be slower.
I will have to setup on my machine and test.

We are getting closer to a solution.

On my mobile:

If I go to the Vera Concierge App (Version 1.1) downloaded from Google Play, it logs me in with my Gmail user name. I click on “Start Listening” and I say “Turn on Popcorn”. My light that I have connected to the Z-wave smart switch I’ve called Popcorn turns on. When I say “Turn off Popcorn”, the light turns out. Both take about 15 seconds from when I say the command to the event happening.

On my mobile:
If I go to Google Home → Explore → Search for “Vera Concierge”, it brings up “Talk to Vera Concierge” with the icon being a tall green man next to a house.

I tap on that and hit the “Try It” button and it opens the Google Assistant window which shows conversation threads (Google on the left, mine on the right). The one on the right is automatically populated with “Talk to vera concierge”, whereas below that, the Assistants response is just 3 pulsating lights as though it’s thinking about it.

If I go back one level (to the screen where it says “Try It”) and scroll down, the Account Status shows Account Linked with an “Unlink” in bold next to it.

Talking to Google Home:

I say: “Ok Google, Let me talk to my Vera Concierge”
Response: “Sorry, I’m not sure how to help with that yet”

Should I go to the Vera Concierge found under the Home App and click the “Unlink” option and then re-link?

Vera Concierge App (Version 1.1) downloaded from Google Play
This app allows you to use Vera Concierge WITHOUT using Google Assistant. It was created, before Google Assistant had integrated the agents that were created for the Google Home device.
Should I go to the Vera Concierge found under the Home App and click the "Unlink" option and then re-link?
It may help. Others have success with this. But you might check to make sure Google understood what you said. In the Google Home app ... in the Menu ... goto the "My Activity" If it did not recognize what you said .. you can create an alias (something that you say that it can understand) and link it to Vera Concierge. This is done inthe Google Home app ... in the Menu ... "More Settings" ... "Shortcuts"

You can create a short like
“My Home” which is “Vera Concierge”

Then you can say … “OK Google My Home”

Or create a short cut like:
“Popcorn On” which is “Ask Vera Concierge to run Popcorn On”