Re: Debug your Configuration

You might delete your Vera Account from the Local Vera Concierge Server.
Start the log, you can clear the log.
Then re-enter your account info, then update and restart.
Check your log right away, I am not sure if this will turn the log off, if it does, turn it back on.

Send me the next 5 minutes of logs.

I’m having similar issues. Everything checks out, IP addresses, .lua files, account connected on Google and the tests work from Vera Concierge but I don’t see the Vera Devices listed on the configuration page, even though the test comes back OK. The Vera Concierge site also shows the correct info for my Vera but it doesn’t show up as detected under Discovered devices. It is on the same network as my server. Google Home also says that Vera Concierge is not connected to my Google home account even though Google and Vera Concierge show it as connected. I use dual factor authentication for my Google account if that makes any difference. Any suggestions?

I am also using dual factor authentication on my Google account.

I use two factor authentication … that’s not a source of the problem.
Where you loaded the Local Vera Concierge Server … try removing the “VeraDatabase-*” files and try again.

OK, I deleted the database file and now the dashboard shows my Vera along with all the devices however when I ask GH to tell VC to do something it tells me that its not connected to my account even though VC site and Google show the app connected to my account. Any suggestions?

On your mobile device …
Open Google Home app.
Ask it “talk to vera concierge”
There should be a memu entry … “About Vera Concierge”
There there is a button to “Link” your account.

I just tried that and it answered verbally:

‘I’m really sorry about this but Vera Concierge isn’t set up to work on devices set up with Canadian English’.

I’m located in Toronto Canada.

OK, so I did some additional fiddling around and was able to get past the language issue by updating the language on all of my units from Canadian English to US English so I’m no longer getting the language error however I’m still not out of the woods yet.

I was able to get the Google Assistant on my phone (Android) to talk to the Vera Concierge but any queries that asked didn’t go anywhere. When I tried to ask my GH to speak to Vera Concierge, it said ‘OK’ and then there was total silence. Any suggestions?

Have you successfully completed all the steps at the beginning of this thread ?

Hi Richard,

I am also trying to set up my Vera in the Java Vera Concierge Local Server app on a RPI but no luck. After trying multiple things I think it is related to my password containing special characters and the one causing the issue is i think "
I now removed that special character from my password and now it can connect. so definitely related to that character.

Tnx for another great service!

When I click Vera Connectivity in My Vera Concierge Account, I see {“VeraConnectivity”: “null”}. If I press Local Concierge Server Connectivity nothing happens. In my Vera Edge, in Luup files I get ConciergeServer.lua. What do I have to do?

Did you try to disable the firewall where you are running the server (or preferably add the appropriate rules) ?

The firewall is disabled. What else can I do?

I had everything working fine on my vera lite but since upgrading to a plus I can’t get the Google home to talk to concierge. Everything appears to be working server side…

{“VeraConnectivity”:“50103340”} - {“Name”:“Kitchen Home”,“IPAddress”:“192.168.1.128”}]}

{“Restart”:false,“IP”:“192.168.1.10”,“JVM”:“1.8.0_144”,“Veras”:[{“Name”:“Home Plus”,“IPAddress”:“192.168.1.14”,"

Should Restart:false be true? This is the only thing I’m unsure of.

When you changed Vera did you do the “Update Vera Concierge Cloud Information” at the bottom of the Local Concierge Server.
Do you still have your OLD vera connected ?
I think I have a bug if your change your Vera.
If you do … try to say:
Use “Old Vera Name”
Use “New Vera Name”

If you do not, then delete ALL of the cloud info … and re-create it.

When you changed Vera did you do the “Update Vera Concierge Cloud Information” at the bottom of the Local Concierge Server. - YES
Do you still have your OLD vera connected ? - No (never connected at the same time)

The concierge account info is all correct, new Vera id is the right one and the google home ip address is also correct. I assume it’s all connected but it no longer works on my android phone either. Can’t link account like I could before.

Like I said … delete your information …

1. Using your browser goto VeraConcierge.com
    Goto my account.
    DO NOT GET THERE BY USING UPDATE CLOUD INFORMATION!!!
  2. Delete all of your Vera Info
  3. Goto your Local Vera Concierge Server
  4. Update Cloud Vera Info

[hr]
If you just do 3 & 4, without doing 1 and 2, you do not delete some cached information which is causing you problems.

I did the first 4 steps. Then nothing. What to do? I want to use the phone.

I’m also not getting any response to the Local Concierge Server Connectivity button or the remote Vera connectivity test button, other than “null”. I see nothing show up in the luup logs when these are clicked.

“OK Google, talk to Vera Concierge” works, so at least that aspect of connectivity is working.

I’ve set up a Raspberry PI 3 server to run the Java app and the configuration is properly recognizing my Vera’s and Google cast devices. I’ve confirmed there is no firewall interfering.

EDIT: Here are the only entries in the LuaUPnP log that are related to the conciergeserver that I could find…

13:02:53.598	Device_Service::MatchupUpnpServices no upnp service for urn:rts-services-com:serviceId:vcs <0x772ae320>	
13:03:01.578	Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 1 service: urn:rts-services-com:serviceId:vcs variable: InitVersion was: 1.029 now: 1.029 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 skip: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:1 <0x76c38520>	
13:03:01.578	Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 1 service: urn:rts-services-com:serviceId:vcs variable: Version was: 1.029 now: 1.029 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 skip: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:1 <0x76c38520>
13:03:01.579	luup_log:0: VCS:Version:1.029 Server:192.168.2.13 <0x76c38520>

(That is the correct static IP for the RasPi3 hosting the app). I’ve read through this diagnostic thread many times and have followed every suggestion here and still can’t determine why these tests are failing.

Thanks for any advice.

everything seems to be configured corret but its keeps saying “which switch”