Random restarts and "Vera Startup" alerts?

Hi all.

My Vera Edge has over the last few months been rebooting daily at least, sometimes twice a day. I am also getting alerts that the OS is crashing and then coming back online.

What is the best course of action to fixing it?
I have another 10 devices arriving to a already decent zwave estate

Am i best to do a factory reset?
Lots of my 2x1.5kw relays are in annoying places so if i have to re-add them its going to be a mission

Thanks
N

Look how many alerts i have had today :frowning:

Any ideas?

If I do a factory reset can I restore from backup and everything will be ok?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

[quote=“alpha1, post:3, topic:193523”]Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yes. I believe you have to also select the option to “restore z-wave network.” I have done exactly as you are wanting to do and it has always worked for me. I make sure to create a “backup z-wave network” before creating your controller full backup.

[quote=“Inzax, post:4, topic:193523”][quote=“alpha1, post:3, topic:193523”]Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yes. I believe you have to also select the option to “restore z-wave network.” I have done exactly as you are wanting to do and it has always worked for me. I make sure to create a “backup z-wave network” before creating your controller full backup.[/quote]

Awesome, thanks for the reply!

This may be related to the issues Vera / MiCasaVerde / MiOS is having with there server right now. AFAIK, you have to be logged into their server to get alerts and their servers are under attack right now. They just need to provide a secure log in through a local connection via port forwarding on your router.