Radio Thermostate (Lowes/Iris)

Hi

I picked up an “Radio Thermostate”. It’s the Lowe’s Iris Brand. Model #0388565. It seems to be working with Vera and the remote control programs like AutHomation. It was $99.

My questions… 1) What features am I missing (if any) compared to higher prices models like Nest.? 2) Would any other model offer more features at the same price (under $100). I don’t need every single feature but I don’t want to miss out on something basic just because it’s a Lowe’s brand.

Thanks

The nest has logic to predict and set your future settings based on your past use and settings.

I’d say if you have vera and can instruct your inexpensive thermostat based on your desires, and from a much larger pool of inputs, you have made a great choice.

Ok… Thanks. Just as long as I can do basic programing I’ll be happy. I did just switch to UI6 and now its reporting everything C and not F. Can’t seem to find that setting yet. I’ll keep looking.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

[quote=“papreston, post:3, topic:179220”]Ok… Thanks. Just as long as I can do basic programing I’ll be happy. I did just switch to UI6 and now its reporting everything C and not F. Can’t seem to find that setting yet. I’ll keep looking.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk[/quote]

I am also having the exact problem, although I just purchased the Vera and registered a CT30 Radio Thermostat and it is reporting the value in Celsius with *f as it was Fahrenheit

Update resolved Problem
I believe there is a bug in 1.6.641

Details → The settings were correctly configured for Fahrenheit both in the new UI location area and the advanced settings UI5 setup location. The value was a 21* with the “F” abbreviation. I had to switch to Celsius in both places and back to Fahrenheit in both places, it seems to be reporting correctly now.

Thanks for the update. I’ll try that tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Worked liked a CHARM!

Thanks

Thanks so much! Would not have thought to toggle both. Worked perfectly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk