Quick Question

Ok maybe I am doing something wrong here I’ve tried searching and could not find anything. So the problem I have is I have a scene setup with a trigger to unlock my front door when the distance of my phone goes below .06. When I have the trigger setup with the distance going below .06 or anything for that matter it does not work. But If I setup the trigger to just go off if the phone is present it works. Am I overlooking something here?

Would this have anything to do with it. I noticed that under the trigger after it’s created it just says unit not Km unless that is the way it’s supposed to be. See attachment.

Don’t think so. Since it’s possible to change the unit type in the plugin configuration, but the JSON file that defines the event (Distance > or Distance < ) is static - i.e. what’s displayed in the event definition text can’t be changed “on the fly” - @amg0 had to pick the most generic term possible, thus “unit”.

That the distance doesn’t cause an event to fire is a bit unexpected. A workaround would be to use the PLEG (Program Logic Event Generator) plugin and use “Distance” as an Input. It can be defined as a “property” in PLEG Inputs. You would then define a Condition to compare the input with a number (using >= or <=) which would trigger an “Action”.

I’m pretty new to this so alot of that is very cryptic to me. I downloaded that PLEG plugin before but I was kind of overwhelmed by it. I’m not sure what and if I what am encountering is a bug or not. But I guess I can give that PLEG another try. It’s just odd that it doesn’t trigger anything at all. I even made a simple trigger with it just to send me a text and that didn’t work either. I sat there and monitored it and watched it go below my set distance of .06 and nothing happened. I might try setting the above one just to test and see if it’s just the below distance that is not working properly. Like I said before the Present one works fine just like it’s supposed to.

have you try may increase the distance threshold to 1 for instance at least for testing ? 0.06 is very low.

I’m using 0.3 as the “at home” range (miles) for both of our two instances. That’s roughly 0.5 km

Maybe the issue’s solved by now.
Just to let you know that I am using 0.05km and it triggers just perfectly. Although I lock the door when going away.
I am using: (Version 1.61 still)
MJ