quick newbie question

Hi all; I’ve just recently setup my ad2usb to connect to my Vista-20P, and so far everything is working fine. I did have a question though, about how the zones are configured. When I entered my zones in the cheat sheet, it created all the zones with a device type of “urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:MotionSensor:1”, even though only two of the 10 zones actually are motion detectors. Is there any way to find out the list of available device types, and do I need change the existing zones to reflect the correct types?

Thanks!
–Mike Frank

I’m having the exact same issue exact my board is Vista 20se. I can get the settings exactly right by changing the settings to the appropriate luup UPNP files, but as soon as it refreshes and communicates with device, my changes get reverted back to each device being a motion sensor

I have the same system, and you should be OK. Both motion and door/window sensors send to the alarm a status of either tripped or not tripped.

I’m guessing that the door and window contacts are hard-wired. In that case, you won’t have to worry at all about the advanced settings, the alarm will immediately update vera.

You can rename them if you like.