Questions on usage from early adopters

Netatmo api info: http://dev.netatmo.com/

Philips Hue api: http://developers.meethue.com/

Both api’s are pretty straight forward.

Hope you can resolve the crash in the next version, I have about 30 devices and/or plugins just in my livingroom.
it is easy to get to such an number, the Hue plugin creates 7 devices when you use 3 bulbs (1 dimmer + 1 preset per bulb and 1 master device).
When you use several Greenwave Powernodes (also 7 or 8 devices per powernode) you get a lot of devices quickly.

@nitehawk: I just bought a Netatmo weather station from Amazon. Looks like a pretty awesome product. I looked at the API as well, looks pretty staight forward. I will most likely integrate it into Control Cube Directly without needing the VERA plugin (actually you would still need that to trigger scenes based on its readings).

We will the 31 device limit bug fixed soon as well :slight_smile:

I just downloaded the app and overall I think it’s good but very limited; specifically, I cannot control my Yale lock which is a deal breaker for me. The interface looks good, though I wish the images were crisp.

When are you planning to push the next update?

Hi,

I just downloaded the app but I can’t connect my Sonos system. Any idea ? I have a Bridge and a PLAY1.

Tnks

Donato

@d55m14: thanks for downloading control cube. Can you please give a bit more detail about what you did.
Do you know the play:1 IP address? You can get it from either your router or from the “about my Sonos” in the Sonos apps settings.

Then in control cube just add device → Sonos → enter IP , name, and select the room that the Sonos belongs to. Then click add. It should say “Sonos added successfully”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote=“hadiesper, post:25, topic:179292”]@d55m14: thanks for downloading control cube. Can you please give a bit more detail about what you did.
Do you know the play:1 IP address? You can get it from either your router or from the “about my Sonos” in the Sonos apps settings.

Then in control cube just add device → Sonos → enter IP , name, and select the room that the Sonos belongs to. Then click add. It should say “Sonos added successfully”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Tnks for reply. I did as you suggest and the Sono was added successfully but when I click on the Icon I receive the msg : “No Connection to Sonos”.

Do you have Sonos playlists saved from the Sonos app?

I have a link to a library (folder) on my pc.

Donato

The control cube plugin only works with Sonos Playlists. I should have had a better display message to explain this, sorry for that.
Try to create a playlist. It should appear in the “Sonos Playlists” in the Sonos app. Not the Sonos favorites. Then Control Cube should work perfectly fine with Sonos.

Please try this and let me know. I’ll make sure to improve this on a next update.

Btw, even though it says no connection but play/pause/next and volume will work. I know it’s a bug, but that’s because I display “no connection” not when there is no connection but when there are no playlists. I’ll correct this soon.

@hadiesper

Can you address my comments? Thanks

@The Giz: sorry I didn’t answer your post as I didn’t notice it before.

I was actually planning to complete support for Zwave locks, temp, and humidity sensors in the next update. You can expect it within the next 2 weeks as I just want to get the iPhone app rolled out before that.

Thanks for your positive comments about the UI, it makes me very happy to hear that! and also thanks for your patience. Just bear with us a bit more and I will make sure we cover your request as well as others in this forum.

Edit: about the images, there is a plan next month to re-do all the icons into higher resolutions ones (same design though), I just did notice that the background for example is not 100% crisp and so are some other icons like play/pause. But this is on my to do list for sure!

[quote=“hadiesper, post:29, topic:179292”]The control cube plugin only works with Sonos Playlists. I should have had a better display message to explain this, sorry for that.
Try to create a playlist. It should appear in the “Sonos Playlists” in the Sonos app. Not the Sonos favorites. Then Control Cube should work perfectly fine with Sonos.

Please try this and let me know. I’ll make sure to improve this on a next update.

Btw, even though it says no connection but play/pause/next and volume will work. I know it’s a bug, but that’s because I display “no connection” not when there is no connection but when there are no playlists. I’ll correct this soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Hi,

I create a Playlist and all it’s ok. Fine Tnks a lot.

For your information I use Sonos to listen internet radio too.

Donato

Any chance on supporting sq blaster?

@shotgun29: To be honest, we do not have plans to support SQ Blaster in the foreseeable future. From what I see at the current date, this product is no longer in production.

Hi Everyone,

We have officially released iControlCube for iPhone. As I promised several of you before. All the early adopters (who participated in this thread before this post) will be getting a promo-code to download iControlCube for free. Please PM me to get your promo code. And please write a review or start a new thread with feedback :slight_smile:

Some more exciting news as well. Version 1.6 is coming up soon (about 1 week) with the following updates:

• Integration with KNX!! Yes I said it, we have integrated Bit and Byte Transmission into any standard KNX IP Interface/Gateway
  • Fixed the issue of the app crashing in the background, making it go back to the splash/main screen when you open it every 10 minutes
  • Other minor fixes

[quote=“hadiesper, post:35, topic:179292”]Hi Everyone,

We have officially released iControlCube for iPhone. As I promised several of you before. All the early adopters (who participated in this thread before this post) will be getting a promo-code to download iControlCube for free. Please PM me to get your promo code. And please write a review or start a new thread with feedback :slight_smile:

Some more exciting news as well. Version 1.6 is coming up soon (about 1 week) with the following updates:

• Integration with KNX!! Yes I said it, we have integrated Bit and Byte Transmission into any standard KNX IP Interface/Gateway
  • Fixed the issue of the app crashing in the background, making it go back to the splash/main screen when you open it every 10 minutes
  • Other minor fixes[/quote]

Hi hadiesper,

I’d like to test the iphone version.

Donato