Question RE incoming triggers

Hi all! New to Vera. I’m wondering if there is a way to set up incoming triggers. What id like to do is open a tcp connection to Vera and send commands that will trigger things like door locks. Is this possible?

curl 'http://yourIP:3480/data_request?id=lu_action&output_format=xml&DeviceNum=Yourdevicenumber&serviceId=urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1&action=SetTarget&newTargetValue=0'

For instance?

C

I’d prefer to be able to simply telnet and issue a text string to trigger an event

Werllll you could telnet and issue that curl to 127.0.0.1 but I guess that’s not what you’re looking for :wink:

What you seem to be looking for is a command line interface. Pretty sure one doesn’t exist, but could be wrong.

C

@Catman is correct, you can issue that curl command on the Vera itself. You’re not going to be telnet’ing in, Vera uses ssh (I don’t know if telnetd is installed, I’ve never looked, but it isn’t enabled by default, at least).

But if you do that curl on the Vera itself, just use 127.0.0.1 as the IP address and you should be good to go.

Lingering question, though… why telnet/ssh in when you can request those actions directly to the Vera and make things happen? I smell an X-Y problem

1 Like

So I am trying to issue commands from a Crestron processor. I can do SSH - there is a module build that I could buy but I like figuring things out myself. Once I ssh I can issue whatever text strings via curl I want I suppose.

But the Crestron does not allow you to fetch a URL? It has no curl or wget or equivalent command?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.