[QUESTION] New Version 1.2 in Store - Whats new?

Hey NLRB

Can you confirm the changelog for the new version that appeared today?

No, no idea ???. I did not publish a new version.

I do see a new version has been published, but I cannot see who did this.

Version Last update SVN Rev Comments 1.2 2015-05-13 03:04:18 3595 hotfix

As such I also cannot support it and will pull back as being the developer of the plugin.

You’re kidding me… what is wrong with them…
MCV!
MARK!
COLLIN!

This is simply not good enough…!

I am just getting off the ground with developing plugins… I am starting think I shouldn’t bother…

Anyway… thanks for your hard work…

Actually… it appears to be withdrawn

Just came home to notice that my Vera has automatically installed the 1.2 version on UI7. And now the panel keeps on restarting…

So, for all users my advice is: DON’T USE THE LATEST 1.2 VERSION FROM THE APPSTORE - IT IS BAD!

Signing off…

This plugin is the main reason for my choice to go with Vera as my HA system.
I have had excellent support from the developer nlrb, both on this forum and through e-mail conversation.

nlrb: Many thanks for your hard work and your great support. In my opinion you are a hero.

Today I got over 30 communications errors in less than 15 minutes. When I got home I noticed that the plugin had auto updated to 1.2. Then I found this thread.

[b]What is going on if a plugin is updated in the app store without the developer knowing about it??!!

MCV! I need you to explain what is going on here.[/b]

Came here because I heard my panel restarting so I wanted to know what’s going on, but after reading this I uninstalled the plugin (messing up 75% of my automation), unknown software controlling my alarm system is not something I want. Oh well, time to take another look at openhab and other alternatives.

yes, this has happened to me too. I’m a bit stuck - does anyone know what I can do to fix things?

This is how I did to restore my system (UI7):

[ol][li]In Vera Apps disabled Auto update[/li]
[li]Downloaded plugin files (ver 1.2e in branches folder) from http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_visonic-powermax[/li][/ol]

thanks - I’m on UI7 too but am having problems disabling auto update - I can clear the checkbox on the Powermax Apps screen, but when I come back to the screen it is checked again. All a bit confusing!

After changing … Try to REFRESH your browser before looking at it again.

annoyingly that’s not it - whatever I do, the checkbox won’t clear…

I have the same problem, the auto update checkbox stays checked no matter what I do. However I have not had any more auto updates replacing my plugin with the “mysterious” ver 1.2.

I am a developer since many years and has been thinking about starting to develop plugins for Vera. What has happened has made me rethink. The folks from MCV has to explain how the (not working) version 1.2 emerged in App store without the developers knowledge.

I think the trick is to uninstall the app and upload the files in the above links

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

oh dear - I have got myself in a pickle. I installed the files, the device, set the serial connection, and then it looks like everything is working. Vera reads from the Powermax, the various sensors install as devices. But the main powermax device shows a “can’t detect device” error…

Would be really grateful for any suggestions as to how to get everything behaving nicely again…

Which version have you installed? If you are running UI7 you need to use version 1.2e from the branches folder at Visonic Powermax Alarm Panel

The bug relative to the auto-update option was declared by myself … 7 months ago !!!
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,27512.0.html

thanks - so I guess then the answer is to install the files and add the device manually, so it can’t auto-update?

You can just change the PLUGIN id in the Advanced tab … remove it and it won’t know how to update!
You should be able to delete the plugin then … which does little since it can’t find any devices connected to the plugin.
Deleting a plugin does not delete any files on VERA … it only deletes devices.

You were quite right - thank you. Problem solved!