Qubino Relay x2 Plus not reporting status

I’ve just installed a Qubino Relay x2 Plus and while its’ paired and functions just fine when used from either the switch or the Vera, it’s not reporting it’s status to Vera if I use the wall switch.

I flick the wall switch and the light comes on as expected, but when I look at Vera its’ blissfully unaware that the light is on.

I can’t imagine any setting that would require you to enable it to report to Vera, anybody have any suggestions and to what the issue might be ?

Mine is working OK, i added my Qubino Flush Relay x 2 yesterday.

Attached is a screenshot, i switched on the porch light switch (Relay 1) local at the wall switch and it shows as ON also the parent switch goes to the ON position which, i call the master as this operates both relays together if required. Front Wall Light (Relay 2) says OFF.

When i did my inclusion it failed first time around so, i excluded and included again and all was fine.

Hi RichDC, thanks for the reply. Interestingly with mine, the actual child switch doesn’t update when I use the wall switch but the parent (master) does!

Strange thing now is I’m unable to delete it from Vera. I tried excluding and that didn’t work so I tried to delete it which said it had worked but the 3 devices are still there!

When you excluded yours, did you use the switch method or did you open up the wall switch and press the button in the actual Qubino relay? The switch method I’m a little unsure of . It says to exclude / reset change state 5 times within 3 seconds. I’m assuming that means on-off-on-off-on but I guess it could be 5 x on-off ?

Excluding I used the service button and once done, powered off the relay module.

To include I put the Vera Plus into include mode and then powered on the relay, the relay module goes into auto include then.

I haven’t got the data sheet on me but I’m sure I read that switching the inputs on and off only works if you are using 24V power.

I’ve eventually put a ticket in with Vera which hopefully they’ll get to sooner rather than later.

I’ve tried to exclude and include again and even moved vera to within a couple of feet from the Qubino and it’s still the same, the child devices do not update status when operated locally. They do however notify Vera because the master device activates and shows a switch is on and shows watts being used. So there’s an update going to Vera but Vera appears to be ignoring the child device updates, poling the node usually updates child devices with current status but atheist not a lot use.

Not sure about the 24v thing, that would explain why I appeared to have difficulty including using wall switches!

Definitely raise it with Vera support. Their support for the Qubino modules is only partial right now and flaky with it. The additional inputs on the x1 plus module aren’t handled, nor as far as my system can tell is the temperature sensor.

[quote=“CelticWebs, post:5, topic:192159”]I’ve eventually put a ticket in with Vera which hopefully they’ll get to sooner rather than later.

I’ve tried to exclude and include again and even moved vera to within a couple of feet from the Qubino and it’s still the same, the child devices do not update status when operated locally. They do however notify Vera because the master device activates and shows a switch is on and shows watts being used. So there’s an update going to Vera but Vera appears to be ignoring the child device updates, poling the node usually updates child devices with current status but atheist not a lot use.

Not sure about the 24v thing, that would explain why I appeared to have difficulty including using wall switches![/quote]

Did you get any help from Vera support? I have the same issue.

Not and the recent updates haven’t fixed ANY issues I have on my Vera Plus either. Almost All my z wave plus items have some sort of issue. It’s a very poor implementation and I’m very disappointed with it in certain areas :frowning:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same issue and sent them back. Others on forum had the same. I suspect it’s version dependant what issues you get as the release notes for latest show different issue to this. Short answer is these are not properly supported yet by Vera and I would go with fibaro over these.

Do fibaro do a zwave plus dimmer then?

I guess i’ll just have to wait then. It works “ok” but the interaction with physical buttons and motion detector (thru Vera) gets confused since the statuses are not reported correctly. I have about 20+ Fibaros (mostly relays, and some plugs), but since their relays are only specified to 0 degrees while Qubino is specified to -10, i need the Qubino in this case since it is outside and i live in Sweden.

Digging up an old topic I know but I’ve still got this relay in the wall, I’ve created a rule in Rules Engine that keeps poling the device and this makes it updated the switch status, its a poor way to do it and requires constant polling of the device so not really a fix.

After further investigation I see that many other controllers had the exact same issue with them, it’s apparently something to do with multi instance association, unfortunately this still doesn’t appear to be fixed with Vera, another thing to add to the long list of issues I guess :frowning:

Just a quick question regarding the Fibaro Relay Switch - is it true that this can be used for switching low voltage circuits on the switch side?
Thanks

This thread is about the Qubino but yes the fibaro ones are dry switch so can control different voltages. Though if you have a 2x relay, you can’t use two different voltages I don’t believe. There’s only one input for switching

Hi CelticWebs,
I am encountering the exact same issue as yourself, with the physical wall switches being able to change the state of the light, but the Vera Dashboard not updating to reflect the actual state of the light!

Have you managed to rectify it yet?

[quote=“BeeFGee, post:15, topic:192159”]Hi CelticWebs,
I am encountering the exact same issue as yourself, with the physical wall switches being able to change the state of the light, but the Vera Dashboard not updating to reflect the actual state of the light!

Have you managed to rectify it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

I have exactly the same problem right now… Anyone solved it?

Only way I improved it was to setup a regular pole on the device. Not ideal Though as it would sometimes make the device slow to respond to commands.

If it makes anyone feel any better, it’s exactly the same on my fibaro home centre. It was perfect on a free software based solution on my Mac though which is really annoying!