QQ about i) UI refresh time ii) calendar resizing iii) content of gc_variable

Hi

I’ve started to use GCal3 more recently and now have a few questions which hopefully someone can answer.

I’m running v2.3 under UI5

1. while the event name and date/time appear on the Control tab, it’s seems to take quite a bit of time for the gc_NextEvent and gc_NextEventTime variables under the Advanced tab to show the same information ? It will still show the previous event value etc.

2. On the calendar tab, the calendar is too big for the space provided, to help I tried to change the size values in the calendar ID e.g

But that didn’t seem to make any difference.

** Why is the above not stored as a variable so it can be edited ?

1. Looking at the instructions the screen shot of UI7 suggest that I should have far more content listed in the gc_variable field? All I seem to have are the following two characters, see below.
[{

[quote=“parkerc, post:1, topic:193565”]Hi

I’ve started to use GCal3 more recently and now have a few questions which hopefully someone can answer.

I’m running v2.3 under UI5

1. while the event name and date/time appear on the Control tab, it’s seems to take quite a bit of time for the gc_NextEvent and gc_NextEventTime variables under the Advanced tab to show the same information ? It will still show the previous event value etc.

2. On the calendar tab, the calendar is too big for the space provided, to help I tried to change the size values in the calendar ID e.g

But that didn’t seem to make any difference.

1. Looking at the instructions the screen shot of UI7 suggest that I should have far more content listed in the gc_variable field? All I seem to have are the following two characters, see below.
[{
[/quote]

Q1 – The vera interface is pretty much brain dead as it relates to updating itself in real time. If you press F5 after the new values show up on the front panel it will force the other tabs to update and reflect the correct information.

Q2 – the calendar tab is really only there as a crude visual check that you are correctly connected (it dates back to the original gcal). Personally, I’d rather do away with it completely.

The iFrame url info has nothing to do with the calendar tab as such. The iFrame info is just an easy way for folks to cut / paste the correct calendar info during setup. Most of it is parsed out to create the CalendarID.

If enough people wanted something different for the calendar tab I would entertain the idea - but realize that different browsers, maximized or not, screen formats (tablet vs descktop) and etc make it generally impractical to please most. Why not open the calendar in a browser tab ?

Because I do this in my spare time and unless there is specific utility - I tend not to invent functionality - although sometimes I do :-)

Q3 Yep - the json encoded string shows up in UI7 but not UI5. Since vera no longer fixes UI5 - it is what it is. In any case, it’s really only there for internal use of the plugin (vera does not have the concept of hidden variables that survive a restart as far as I know). I may eventually remove some of the variables to an external json file since the tab in the UI has become quite crowded.

Thanks @Stuart

Hopefully nothing I said came across as ungrateful I think this is a great app/plugin - thanks so much for all your effort on this. :smiley:

Not at all