Projector with 12v trigger to dim LEDs or ceiling lights

Hello guys,

Im so glad i found this site with so many good info.

I have a question.

Im about to buy the Benq projector with a 12v trigger and I would like it to trigger the dimming of some LED lights or ceiling starlights.

Could someone please point me to the right device and how to connect it with the 12v trigger from the projector its only have a standard 3.5mm jack.

thanks.

Here Is a DIY project to make one http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,10498.msg74476.html#msg74476

It appears that you can also use a Itach Flex with the new sensor cable to do this, but how you setup the Vera to listen for the UDP notification is beyond my expertise.

Thought i’d just share a quick thought about this for future refrence.

NEXA has this 433.92 sender made to be mounted behind old light switches, the WBT-912. Hook this up to the projector via a small 12V relay, and thats it! :smiley:

Theres probably a Z-Wave unit like this as well, and that should work just as fine.

Still looking for some good low voltage listeners like what one would need here though.

A Fortrezz MiMo Lite would make quick work of this. Connect the trigger output to the inputs on the MiMo and trigger scenes based on the state of the input. Bob’s your uncle. As a bonus you can use the relay output of the MiMo independently to control something else. I use a spare input on one of the units in my irrigation system to trigger a dim lights scene in the theater via an IR controlled relay I picked up for a few bucks.