The last UI5 version is 7.67. For UI5 support see:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,17624.0.html

To Upgrade (or restore the Pre Next Gen version) see:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,14446.0.html
[hr]
Version 8.19 is available

[ul][li]Use New Vera API to save data.[/li]
[li]Fix State Variables, add to Status report[/li]
[li]Add improvements to syntax assistant in Condition Editor as well as option to disable it.[/li][/ul]

[hr]
Version 8.15

[ul][li]Fixed bugs in Schedules with negative offsets from Sunrise/Sunset[/li]
[li]Correctly Annotate NOW in Condition Editor[/li]
[li]Fix problem of adding second action if Graphical Action Editor[/li]
[li]Fix loosing Icons on major MCV upgrade.[/li][/ul]

[hr]
Version 8.14

[ul][li]Fixed Bugs in Condition Editor[/li]
[li]Made the Selection and Position for the Structure Graph persistent between multiple edit sessions.[/li][/ul]

[hr]
Version 8.12

[ul][li]Fixed Bug in triggers that had no arguments (i.e. Security Sensors Triggers)[/li][/ul]

[hr]
Version 8.11

[ul][li]New User Interface (Next Gen)[/li]
[li]Option to Add Actions to Inputs directly for both True and False states.
[br]i.e. Add actions to when a Timer is True and another action when a Timer is False. No need to create intermediate conditions. See example below for forward actions.[/li]
[li]RelationShip Graph
[br]Shows how PLEG components are tied together.
[br]Used to attach actions to inputs
[br]Will be used for more capabilities (Template creation) in a future release.[/li]
[li]Support for forwarded actions.
[br]You can forward an Action to another (previously defined) action.
[br]An Action Name is always the name of the a ConditionName, or InputName, or !ConditionCondition, or !InputName. But if you want to have the same actions for when a timer is turned on as well as when it is turned off, you can forward the actions.
[br]i.e. The following scenario creates a timer that turns a light(s) on when the timer is true, and off when the timer is false. No conditions are needed!
[br] INPUT-Schedule NightLight On at Sunset, Off at Sunruse
[br] Action NightLight Turn Light XXX {(NightLight)}
[br] Action !NightLight Forward to NightLight
[br]When the Action NightLight is run it will set the light to the same as the schedule. i.e. On at night and Off during the day.[/li]
[li]Computed Inputs
[br]When you run LUA as part of an action, you have the option to have the return value from the LUA to set a computed Input with a User specified Name. This User value will cause the re-evaluation of conditions using this new Value[/li][/ul]

Hi Richard,

It looks great, i’m a new user but this is how the Vera should work. I just started working with PLEG as i mentioned in my previous reply. Because i didn’t receive any updates about my motionsensors in PLEG i removed everything to start from scratch. Sadly after reinstalling PLEG I lost my trail period so i bought direct a license.
Sadly reinstalling the app didn’t do the trick. I still dont receive any informations from my motions sensors. But i think i have found the reason and it looks like a bug or i dont understand it correctly.
I used the ‘Event type: Whenever device detects motion whether is armed or disarmed’. But i only receive data when the sensor is armed…
I dont think this is correct? please let me know if im making a mistake or that it’s a bug?

I’m using Fibraro 3 in 1 sensors (GEN5)

Kind regards

As a new user … you need to know that you should ALWAYS post a PDF of your Status report (There are plenty of free PDF printers out there to print an Web window into a PDF file).

Then in your message you should describe the problem in the context of the inputs and conditions you are having a problem with.

There very well could be a problem in Next-Gen … It was a massive amount of code change, to both the UI and run-time.

I am excited about the new version! I am all UI5 now, but maybe it is time to upgrade an old VeraLite that I don’t really use anymore…

Does the Released version work with the Beta firmware?

Yes.

mmm, This installed itself, must have updated and I’m pleasantly surprised after I decided to add a couple of test conditions. The dropdowns in conditions may take a while to get used to.
Is there an option to be able to write them in?
Otherwise, I’m happy with the layout… Great work

Richard, does it auto update existing plegs? Is the saving bug solved?

Actually, I’m now having problems with triggers not being recognised. It’s done my head in and I’d rather not have an auto update and revert back to the previous version. How can I do that?

I had the same problem with triggers with an earlier version of NG. My workaround was to monitor the device state (tripped) of the security sensor. I the set up a condition that was true whenever the state was not equal to zero. I also bumped that condition up the list so that it was evaluated early. Problem solved - albeit with some lag as my sensor “untrips” some time after it stops detecting motion.

Mine updated itself (must remember to disable auto-update!). It looks pretty good, but there are a couple of things I am struggling with or would suggest improvements on:

1. I dont seem to be able to type in changes to the logic, which is still how I want to work with PLEG. Should this be possible? I tried double clicking in the box and it seems to go to a non colour coded format, but won’t let me type
  2. The graphical view is interesting, but I am struggling to see how it would be useful. Can you explain the format and an example of how to use it perhaps?
  3. I miss the option to move conditions up and down in the list whilst looking at the list. Some of my PLEGS have quite a number of conditions, so I have to click edit, then move up/down and then check where it is. Or count how many times I need to move it. But perhaps I am missing an option?

Really liking the new interface - much more user friendly. The relationship graph lets me find where devices and conditions are used, quickly, without having to look back and forth between a bunch of windows. When all of the objects are displayed, my graphs were pretty unreadable; but, selecting a specific device or set of objects looks great.

No issues found.

Well done, thanks!

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:3, topic:192909”]As a new user … you need to know that you should ALWAYS post a PDF of your Status report (There are plenty of free PDF printers out there to print an Web window into a PDF file).

Then in your message you should describe the problem in the context of the inputs and conditions you are having a problem with.

There very well could be a problem in Next-Gen … It was a massive amount of code change, to both the UI and run-time.[/quote]

Hi Richard,
My apologies , please see the attachment.
I don’t receive any status changes of my motion sensors when using PLEG. (No last true or False).
The sensors works perfect when using the standard Vera app. (Movement is detected and I can switch on a Lamp).
Please let me know how I can receive the data in PLEG.

In the previous version it did work (at least for one sensor, I didn’t use the other sensors at that time)

Kind regards

Richard?

The Saving Bug is an MCV bug …
There is nothing to Auto Update. (Already answered)

So the saving bug is also present in the next ui?

The saving bug has nothing to do with PLEG.

Thank you Richard

Richard,

Mine went through the auto update and I get a ‘startup lua failed’ error. Working fine until this event.

Here is what the log shows.

01 07/10/16 8:37:25.251 LuaInterface::CallFunction_Startup-1 device 49 function Initialize failed [string “module(“L_ProgramLogicCEE”, package.seeall)…”]:406: attempt to concatenate field ‘?’ (a nil value) <0x77611520>
01 07/10/16 8:37:25.252 LuImplementation::StartLua running startup code for 49 I_ProgramLogicEG.xml failed <0x77611520>

Ive tried manually updating again and rolling back, same issue. Any ideas?

[quote=“robertgabrielson, post:19, topic:192909”]Richard,

Mine went through the auto update and I get a ‘startup lua failed’ error. Working fine until this event.

Here is what the log shows.

01 07/10/16 8:37:25.251 LuaInterface::CallFunction_Startup-1 device 49 function Initialize failed [string “module(“L_ProgramLogicCEE”, package.seeall)…”]:406: attempt to concatenate field ‘?’ (a nil value) <0x77611520>
01 07/10/16 8:37:25.252 LuImplementation::StartLua running startup code for 49 I_ProgramLogicEG.xml failed <0x77611520>

Ive tried manually updating again and rolling back, same issue. Any ideas?[/quote]

Have a look at http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,38329.msg286575.html#msg286575