problems with connecting remotely

i’ve got authomation set up and running smoothly when i’m connected to my local wifi…commands sent and received / work almost instantaneously. but, i can’t for the life of me get remote access to work…at least today i got it to connect and get data for the first time after switching from local to remote, but after that i always get the empty response error.

also, when i try to connect to cp.mios.com i can log in, but when i select my veralite it says loading data and then i get ‘unable to communicate with your unit’, if that helps…any help would be appreciated!

What version of AutHomation are you running? By the last sentence of your post, if you can not connect to your Vera unit via cp.mios.com then you will not be able to connect remotely via AutHomation. I suggest that you fix remote access with Vera and verify that you can do so with cp.mios.com. A power reboot may help in fixing this with your vera.

• Garrett

AuthomationHD 3.1.3.9.

I figured it was a vera issue so I opened a support ticket but haven’t heard back yet…the reason I thought it was strange tho is because the first time after switching from local to remote, it did refresh the status on my alarm…but then I would always get the empty response after that.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Did you try rebooting your Vera?

• Garrett

Multiple times…I’m completely stumped. I tried opening port 232 or whatever it was as well…that didn’t work either.

Of course support replies that they can’t support third party apps and completely ignores the part about how cp.mios.com gives me the can’t communicate with your unit message. Grrrrrr…

Just smells of a firewall issue since you don’t have the problem with automation on your LAN. Perhaps you should double check that the ports are open from a port forwarding website.

Have a looked the the firewall settings.

You may need to set to manually configure to see it. Make sure it is set to inactive not active as in the screen capture.

I tried another reboot and its working it seems, for now…haven’t had much of a chance to test it yet though.

Glad you got it working.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp”]Glad you got it working.

• Garrett[/quote]

Me too…its been working great over the past few days.

I tried asking this in the DSC plugin forum but I guess it can’t hurt to ask here too…is there a way to do *9 arming thru the vera?

I am getting the empty response error too. I can connect to cp.mios.com and via LAN, but remote via the fwd3 server doesn’t work. I’ve checked fwd3 is the correct server with: http://sta1.mios.com/locator_json.php?username=user and rebooted the Vera. Any ideas?