Problems after latest firmware upgrade on vera edge

After upgrading to the latest firmware yesterday my vera edge reboots every 80 seconds. I decided to reset it but it doesn’t seem to do a full reset because the apps I installed are still there and so are the configured rooms. Devices are gone.

I reconnected it to my home.getvera.com account but when trying to access my edge it always says it can’t connect.

How do you use the hard reset button on the edge? I tried double clicking it with a paper clip and holding it while the power is on but it doesn’t appear to perform a reset.

How do you use the hard reset button on the edge? I tried double clicking it with a paper clip and holding it while the power is on but it doesn't appear to perform a reset.

With Edge powered on, press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds. When you release it, the Edge should start to reset to factory state. This can take up to 30 minutes.

Thanks, I never tried holding it for 30 seconds lol

10 seconds maybe…

Even after 30 seconds my box will not restore. I’ve got the Power, Internet & Wi-Fi (top 3 LED) lights on and that is all, after I hold for 30 seconds I’ll get all lights on and top 2 blinking and nothing changes (even left over night).

IDEAS?

Anyone have the files and instructions to restore this box through SSH on a MAC or other ideas? Ive been without my automation for over a week now because tech support advised me with my 4in1 motion issues to take the new firmware and it’s been all down hill from there.

Ah never mind I just realized I’ve got no Wi-Fi password and can not SSH into the VeraEdge there is no password on the bottom of the box either.

Does it show on the vera portal? If yes, the portal tells you the default password.

While I was excluding/including my devices I started to have devices disappear randomly. I’ve come to the conclusion that some devices that I was excluding previously had a device id matching a current device. So when I excluded it it actually deleted the existing device from the controller. So it might be best to either exclude all devices at once or take backups before doing an exclude.