Problem with Insteon I/O Linc Garage Door Opener

Hi everyone, just got my Veralite finally and I love it, so much easier to use than the ISY994. I didn’t even realize the UI was so different as I’ve been looking at manuals that I guess are for the older version but this is really polished.

I was disappointed to find that Altsteon isn’t developed anymore though. I have a few wall switches from Insteon, motion sensors, LED Bulbs, the Insteon Garage I/O linc with sensor, Remotelinc’s, leak sensor, and hidden door sensors. I’m using the native Insteon support as I couldn’t get Altsteon working outside the cli and it doesn’t sound like it works in UI7 properly anyway.

Anyway question for the garage door opener. I added it to my PLM and it added 3 devices to the Vera. There’s a sensor which I guess is tied to the open/close sensor, there’s the device to control the door, and then there’s an IOLinc device. All show up fine and don’t give errors, but I’m having 2 problems.

1. Turning the Garage Door control on opens the door and closes it which is good. The sensor never does anything though, it always just sits there. I know this isn’t an officially supported device but is there any way to make the sensor work as well?

2. The bigger problem I’m having is that I add the devices to room “Garage” and they show up in ImperiHome fine, however after a few minutes, ImperiHome complains it can’t find the device, and when I go back to the Vera they are back under No Room. I put them in Garage again, then 20 minutes later I check and they are back to No Room.

Number 2 is the bigger one since it prevents me from using the garage door in ImperiHome, not sure if it’s just a glitch with the Vera or why it is doing this. I did a quick test and adding it to the Garage room and leaving it seems to be okay, but when I activate the device with ImperiHome, it works but a few minutes later the Vera puts it back to No Room. Any ideas?