Problem with adding new devices.

Hi , have anyone notice problem with adding new devices?
I have got brand new neo cool cam switch , I’m entering inclusion mode and Vera can’t detect it …
Any ideas why ?

Just done in my case… Suggestion:

1.- Do a Factory Reset, it worked for me (even if it is a brand new one . it could have been “tested” before . I also had a similar problem with a Fibaro door/window sensor) .

2.- Include it as a “Doom switch”. I don’t know if they are equal or not, but it works, it worked for me too .

Good luck

[quote=“fje, post:2, topic:200638”]2.- Include it as a “Doom switch”. I don’t know if they are equal or not, but it works, it worked for me too .

Good luck[/quote]

LOL. I hope you meant Dome switch… Otherwise I wouldn?t push that switch if I were you…

More seriously,

Some devices come already included in another network so fje?s advice on factory reset is correct. Otherwise you can also force an exclusion from the vera first and then include it.

One other reasons why it would not include from my observations: Somehow at some firmware revision, adding a device in generic mode now puts the vera in non secure inclusion mode. So if your device requires secure inclusion… well it won?t work. It will exclude fine though.
So you need to chose a device close to the device you have to see if it will include in secure mode. So again fje?s advice on using the dome switch, which appear to be the same OEM device, should work.

[quote=“rafale77, post:3, topic:200638”][quote=“fje, post:2, topic:200638”]2.- Include it as a “Doom switch”. I don’t know if they are equal or not, but it works, it worked for me too .

Good luck[/quote]

LOL. I hope you meant Dome switch … Otherwise I wouldn’t push that switch if I were you …[/quote]

;D ;D ;D

Yes rafale77, you are right, it is the problem of writing “by heart” . . . Thanks for correcting, even I feel that looking at the list of devices supported it was easy to find it, despite my mistake . . .

But, to be honest, I feel there are some devices that deserve the name, some times they seem to be “doomed” >:( :wink:

Regards.

I’m trying to do factory reset, as it’s wrote in manual, but when I trying this switch is hanging on , lights goes to red and only turning off whole electrical system cause restoring switch to use …

I’m trying to do factory reset, as it’s wrote in manual, but when I trying this switch is hanging on , lights goes to red and only turning off whole electrical system cause restoring switch to use …

Hi, do you say that you never disconnected the switch from the main before doing the test we suggested? Yes, you had to. Let say the steps I did and worked:

1.- Disconnect the switch from the mains
2.- Connect it to a main socket near the controller and wait for 30 seconds
3.- Follow the manual indications: Pulse the switch control button for 15-20 secs, the light will flash red, free the button
4.- The Light will flash pink 3? times
5.- Include it on the controller, using the Dome switch definition

It worked for me.

regards.