Problem or issues reports

Hello Reneboer

Thanks for the reply.

I’attached the debug log after clickling the poweroff a couple of times.

Everything is left untouched, hope you can read thru all that.

Regards
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I can see two attempts for StartActiity in the log. The first is too close to a Luup restart of your Vera, so that did not do anything, the second for the powerOff was send as expected.

Can you see if your Vera is constantly restarting or so?

Cheers Rene

Hello

Sorry, I did not forget, but Christmas happened :slight_smile:

I have attached another log file.

Everything is shutdown with the remote controll, then I hit my scene button in Vera that for this test only activates the Harmony poweroff function. What the happens is that my PS3 and TV turns on.

I see that the plugin is already showing the ?poweroff? before the scene is activated, and it says ?poweroff?even thoug the PS3 and TV is on.

I dont think I have any problems with Vera restarting, I dont see it in the logs when I have tested now.

Regards
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I still cannot see why would happen what you see. You do have version 2.12 installed? That has an issue fixed when repeating the power off command. It is still pending approval from Vera (they also seem to enjoy x-mas) but in the Version log atricle you can see how to install it.

Cheers Rene

Hello again

I have now upgraded to 2.12, but the same behaviour is there.

The easiest test for me now is to just hit PowerOff on the plugin itself.
Even if things are already off, the PS3 and Sony TV will turn on.

Regards
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I truly cannot tell you why that happens in your case. The plugin just tells the Hub to start activity -1 which is the all off, for a second time. Why your Hub then turns anything on is a mystery to me. I know the Hub does send a different response on the repeat compared when the activity changes. Handling that different response is what got fixed in 2.12. The plugin only talks to the Hub and all device communications are that match an activity start is handled by the Hub.

So I’m stumped and can only say I do not have this issue and no one else has reported it thus far.

Cheers Rene

Hello

OK, thanks for your thoughts.

I have another HarmonyHUB. I will try to do a small setup on that one, and see if the same thing happens there.

Regards
Tommy

Hello again

Played a little with my second HUB.

Created a TV ON/OFF action only.

The TV stays off when I hit the poweroff severaltimes, but I notice that if I use my phone to look at the IR leds on the front of the HUB it sends IR signals everytime I hit ‘PowerOFF’ even if already in ‘PowerOFF’ state.

I suspect that one of the commands in the power off sequence in the other HUB then just toggles something (guessing the PS3 somehow) and that in turn turns on the TV.

Quick question, is it normal that ‘PowerOff’ is sent everytime i hit ‘PowerOff’ in the plugin, even when in the ‘powerOFF’ state?

Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I would not expect that the Hub would retransmit the powerOff commands via IR again for devices that should be turned off already. Many devices do not have a seperate true Power Off and On command, but a power toggle. I.e. if you send it a second time when off, it would turn the device on as you see.

I guess I need a smarter Phone that can also see that commands get transmitted to see what truely happens. ;D

Now i know where to look I will do some more testing in my setup as I do have several devices that only have a power toggle command.

The one thing I can change in the plugin is that if the activity does not change, I will not send anything to the Hub. That should prevent this behaviour.

Cheers Rene

Hello

Yes, that would have helped me :slight_smile: Maybe make it configurable?

If you can pull that off, I’d be very happy :slight_smile:

Regards
Tommy

I did another test on the upstairs HUB.

If I repeatedly press the off button on my Harmony remote and watch the HUB thru my camera on the phone it does not send any IR commands the second time I press off.

Doing the same from the plugin does, so I guess it would be safe to stop the plugin from doing an alloff if already in that state.

TommyE

Hi Tommy,

I made the changes. See the Version Log thread to install the update.

Cheers Rene

Rene, I ran the update and it still says 2.12 after it is done. Did you update the correct version in the manual link?

Edit: Nevermind, it just took another Luup reload to update.

[quote=“reneboer, post:52, topic:191192”]Hi Tommy,

I made the changes. See the Version Log thread to install the update.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

Hello Rene

I tried the new 2.13, and now all is good :slight_smile:
I can turn off as many times I want, and it all stays off .

Great work, thank you so much.

Regards
Tommy

Sweet. Thanks for the confirmation Tommy.

Cheers Rene

Hi Rene,

I am getting this error : Harmony Control : CMD: Failed sending command get_config to Harmony Hub - errorcode=423, errormessage=Failed to connect to Harmony Hub

Reading this topic I noticed some people had issues with this as well , but couldn’t find a solution for it.
I have a Vera plus running now 1.7.2414 (but also on the previous version 2138 I had this error) and the harmony hub version runs: Current Version:2.13

What is a solution for this ? If not , what are the consequences , it seems the Harmony hub is working with vera when I select something , but maybe it is a coincedence? and not 100% of the times all commands go though?

Thanks,
Cor

Hi Cor,

To what value have you set the Polling interval? I an finding anything under 15 seconds can actually cause issues. It seems the Hub does not like to be queried that often giving connection issues sometimes. I should probably change the selectable values to not allow 5 and 10 seconds.

Cheers Rene

Hallo Rene,

Never changed those settings after the initial install of the app. It was set at “no polling”. I have set it now at 15 seconds, hopefully it works.

Thanks,
Cor

Small update: Setting the polling interval to 15 didn’t help , I still got the error code. I have now set “Harmony Hub communication time out” at 30 and “Current Activity Poll Interval” at 60 seconds.

For now it seems to be Ok with these settings.

Cor

Also with changing to to 60 seconds , I still get the error report .

Harmony Control : CMD: Failed sending command get_config to Harmony Hub - errorcode=423, errormessage=Failed to connect to Harmony Hub

Anything else I can do , or a way to troubleshoot?

Thanks,
Cor