Primary VeraLt: Controller Shift so Tuxedo/VAM becomes Primary

I have been scratching my head hard trying to figure out a way to Shift my existing VeraLt UI5 Primary controller so it becomes Secondary and Honeywell Tuxedo or VAM becomes the Primary.

Has anyone got lucky shifting Vera to become Secondary without loosing Devices ID’s and programming??

I have tried all the possible permutations I can think of to swap Primary role:

• VAM/Tux enroled as Secondary then “Shift Secondary to Primary” from VAM/Tux menu + Vera “Controller Shift”…

• VAM/Tux enroled as Secondary then “Add Device…” (to pull updates) from VAM/Tux menu + Vera “Controller Shift”…

• VAM/Tux set as “Secondary” but not enroled then “Shift secondary to Primary” from VAM/Tux menu + Vera “Add Device”…

• VAM/Tux set as “Secondary” but not enroled then “Shift secondary to Primary” from VAM/Tux menu + Vera “Controller Shift”…

• VAM/Tux set as “Primary” but not enroled then Add controller from Vera…

Besides the Tux working as Secondary, the closest I got was both Vera and Tux as Secondary without any Primary controller left! ::slight_smile: What am I missing to get Vera to Shift??

Plan B: the only other option I can think of is a drastic rebuild from scrath :

• Default VAM/Tux to Primary
  • Manually Remove/Add all devices like new
  • Add Vera as Secondary
    Pb: all ZWave devices get a new HouseId+DevID screwing up existing programming on VAM and Vera. :cry:

FYI: to use the remote services of Honeywell TC2 (Alarmnet TotalConnect) on a Tuxedo or VAM, it has to be a PRIMARY controller. When Tuxedo is only a Secondary ZWave controller, it disables the “remote Scene” functionality that can be triggered by Vista PNL on “Fault” conditions.
Local scenes without said TC2 Remote Services are limited to 10 max… but with TC2 enabled ($12/Yr) you get a whole lot more scenes slots PLUS remote control from the TC2 Android/iPhone App. 8)

Bingo! Here goes my working procedure to transfer your Zwave network and Primary role over to VAM (Honeywell Vista Automation Module)

Include the VAM into existing Vera Network:

• Reset/Default VAM Z-Wave network
  • Set VAM as Secondary
  • Add the VAM to the existing Vera network

Outcome: VAM is now a secondary CTL node on Primary Vera

Shifting Primary role:

• Vera: [Devices > Add Devices >Advanced…]: “Controller Shift”
  • VAM: [Setup > System >Zwave Advanced Setup]: “ZWave Secondary Controller Shift to Primary”

Outcome: VAM is now Primary and Vera Secondary so TC2 remote access is Enabled

The nugget:
Shifting Vera’s UI5 role is actually done in “Low Power” mode only so controllers need to be REAL CLOSE (a Ft apart or so)