pre sale documentation and advice

I am having a house built on the oposite side of the country from where I live. I started to look control4 for HA but it is too expensive for just controlling lights. I have not been able to find a local dealer either here nor there who knows vera.

What I want is a system to control lights when I am away. Is the solution just a vera box and a few z-wave dimmer switches?

Do I have to give the electrician any special instructions as they are about to do the wiring in the house?


No special wiring needs for z-wave and Vera. The only thing you would need to tell them is specific P/N’s for the switches you want installed at specific locations.

And make sure you have neutrals in every switch box… although that’s usually a good idea anyway.