Powermax Pro & RFXtrx433E controller on Vera

Hi,
I am using a Powermax Pro Alarm with my Vera Edge controller. I wanted to install a RFXtrx433E controller so I can use RFLightwave light switches / sockets on the system. Reason being is that RFLightwave switches only require a 2 wire set up and my house does not have earth wires in most of the switches and I would like to avoid having to get my electrician in if possible… As vera edge only has 1 usb connect I tried using a usb hub and vera sees both devices but when I select the connection and baud rate in the serial configuration settings for the powermax the RFXtrx433E shows up as ‘can’t detect device’.
Has anyone come across similar situations or is it possible to connect more than one device at once? Any advice would help!
Thanks…

Hi, I had the same question and emailed Vera support. Still awaiting their reply.

THEN… I just plugged both RFXtrx433E and PowerMax Pro in via a USB 2.0 hub and it worked!

Apps → Develop Apps -->Serial Port Configuration

Click Reload Luup button

Then I think I went to a few other tabs randomly, and rebooted somewhere along the way and next thing I knew, two sets of parameters appeared under Serial Port Configuration, allowing me to choose a different Baud to assign to each device.

That’s it. Both working now. At least I think so, I don’t have any RF devices to try it on yet.

Using VeraEdge on UI7, Latest Firmware 1.7.1248
RFXtrx433E, firmware 227, plugin 1.0
Visonic Powerlink plugin 1.2a