Powermax pro and power failure

A problem I am having is after a power failure to vera, I get a comm failure notice on the powermax alarm panel, to try clear it I booted up my PC and run the vera interface, to get the lua code to reload didn’t work vera still showed mode unknown in the panel icon. So I went into installer mode on the powermax panel then exited it which according to the instructions for the panel makes it look for the Powerlink. on logging out of the install menu vera went into download mode and the plugin now shows Powerlink mode again. The panel still shows comm failure at the moment ? . How do others reconnect the link after a power failure ? or should it just reconnect itself ?

After a power failure everything should come up as normal, so it is unclear what is causing this.

Lost Power again today same problem, Lost the comms to the Powermax after it all came back on , under the tab in the Powermax Plugin “Communicate using UART” in Vera, the link to the serial interface for the Powermax is no longer listed. which is why it isn’t coming back up after the failure, Vera is forgetting it has the connection or the powermax just ignores the connection as it lost Vera ?

I can only say that the behaviour is the same with a “real” powermax → powerlink connection after a powerloss. It doesn’t come back after power restore and I have to phisically unplug it and reconnect.
I have the powermaxpro (non partition) with the old external powerlink connected via rs232.

Stuck this time around, I have physically removed the cable inside the powermax but it still says “BBA com lost” this time it wont clear itself, the manual say’s entering installer mode and exiting should force it to check it’s comm ports and I had assumed it would sense the cable was removed and clear itself which it hasn’t in over two hours now. Hard to find out on line how to tell it to forget it had a powerlink…

@Davidh

Have you tried this:

Clear both variables (‘CommExceptions’ and ‘CommLastException’)

[quote=“250266, post:6, topic:184153”]@Davidh

Have you tried this:

Clear both variables (‘CommExceptions’ and ‘CommLastException’)[/quote]

Mine has started doing the same thing after rebooting my VL on UI7. when you say clear, set to 0 or just delete?

thanks
jr

In theory : empty the 2 fields and then save.

Just to share my own experience, I also have currently this same problem of “comm errors” after the power outage. Thinks worked perfectly in Powerlink mode for about a year. Then, after a power outage, the powermax plugin seens to start well after a reload of vera (after emptying the two firlds mentionned previously), then after a few minutes it shows the communication error and revert to “standard mode”.

It happenned to me once in the past and managed to get it working again after reinstalling completely the plugin + unplugging totally the power of the powermaw panel (including the battery).
I never managed to get a satisfactory result by entering/exiting the installation mode on powermax, although it is stated in the documentation. Maybe opening/closing the panel may help.

If somebody has any better solution than the quite cumbersome full reinstall/reboot option, I am very interested !!

[quote=“Mayeric, post:8, topic:184153”]In theory : empty the 2 fields and then save.

Just to share my own experience, I also have currently this same problem of “comm errors” after the power outage. Thinks worked perfectly in Powerlink mode for about a year. Then, after a power outage, the powermax plugin seens to start well after a reload of vera (after emptying the two firlds mentionned previously), then after a few minutes it shows the communication error and revert to “standard mode”.

It happenned to me once in the past and managed to get it working again after reinstalling completely the plugin + unplugging totally the power of the powermaw panel (including the battery).
I never managed to get a satisfactory result by entering/exiting the installation mode on powermax, although it is stated in the documentation. Maybe opening/closing the panel may help.

If somebody has any better solution than the quite cumbersome full reinstall/reboot option, I am very interested !![/quote]

Unfortunately not, and the cumbersome full install/reboot option hasn’t cured it for me either…

I’m trying to see if things are more stable if I force the plugin into Standard mode. So far it’s working okay, although of course I lose access to sensors etc…