Powermax Express USB connection

I bought recently the new (dutch version) Powermax Express, it has the option to communicate with the Powerlink2 module or with a new USB module/cable.
The Powerlink2 module or the new USB/cable module are both connected to the 5 pin connector (is Serial connection) in the Powermax Express.
So i bought the USB module cable: [url=http://www.dwgdistribution.com/ecommerce/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=44459#]http://www.dwgdistribution.com/ecommerce/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=44459#[/url]

It works with the Powermax Remote programmer software when installed a SILABS USBtoUARTBridgeVCP driver for the PC.

I installed on my Vera Lite the Powermax plugin and make the connection by the USB module cabel, but the Vera Lite is not recognizing the Powermax, its logical becaise the Vera Lite don’t show a Serial connection.

My question is, can this still be working with the Vera Lite? because its a Serial connection, or do i need a special cable to the 5 pin connector in the Powermax Express or do i need to buy the Powerlink2 module and use the right serial cables for it to make te connection.

I see on the internet a USB to 5 pin serial connection, [url=http://microcontrollershop.com/product_info.php?products_id=4087]USB to Serial TTL Cable, 3.3V, 5-pin Female Header but i think this is not the right option?

Any idea? or suggestions for me? because i’m happy with the vera-lite and the Powermax Express and want to integrate them with the Powermax plugin.

I’m not familiar with the Visonic USB programming kit. I did order it once, but they could not deliver it at that time. Hence I switched to connecting via the TTL signals as described in this topic.

Like you already stated, the Vera does not show a UART so it will likely not have the right driver for the chip Visonic has used for the RS232->USB. Buying a Powerlink 2 won’t help, as you cannot use a Powerlink and Vera connection at the same time.

If the chip is a SiLabs CP210x, have a look at this topic to see if you can get it recognized.

Ok thanks, But i already changed the UBS interface for the Powerlink interface, I don’t want to use the Powerlink and Vera interface at the same time, but going to use the Powerlink with the RJ45 cable to RS232 with RSR232 to USB cables to connect to the VERA, because this was explaned i thought several times to use for the plugin. And of course with the right cables with FDTI etc.

Is this should to be work?

I’m trying to make sense of what you’re saying - but it doesn’t ???. If you don’t want to go the TTL adapter way and don’t want to try to get the USB converter to work with Vera, then maybe you should buy the old RS232 kit. Again, buying a Powerlink makes isn’t any use.

Sorry i wasn’t clear enough, What you explain about the TTL adapter was clear, i can try this. for the OLD RS232 kit, there is no connection for it in the Powermax Express. So that was the reason that i want to use the Powerlink2 with the USB to RS232 to RJ45 cables on the Powerlink2 and VERA. I saw that others use this connection?