Powering Devices from Alternate Power Supply (PC5200 / PC5204)

While not directly related to Vera, I have a general DSC question I’m hoping someone can help with.

I’m in the process of terminating wiring and programming my DSC 1864 system and have a question about proper wiring for powering devices from an alternate power supply. I have a PC5200 and a PC5204 on my system. The PC5204 will be used to power my smoke detectors that have internal sounders. the PC5200 will be used to power my motion detectors, one of my PTK5507 keypads and the Envisalink module.

My question is how to properly wire keybus devices so they are getting power from the separate power supply and not from the PC1864. Do I only hook up the Green / Yellow wires from keybus and then connect the Red / Black wires to the power supply rather than the keybus?

Thanks!

Ok, after some further reading, I’m going to answer my own question and say that for any keybus device that is to be powered by the PC5200/PC5204 power supply, you use the AUX+ instead of the Red keybus connection.

I am doing the same thing in my house right now too. I was intending to do what you found too based on my reading and understanding of how the panel is sharing the ground bus. I was going to also use the AUX+ connected to the Red of the Keybus connection and leave the black connected to its normal spot. Just wanted to respond and let you know you arent alone out there :slight_smile:

Glad to hear it! I have my keypads (2X PTK5507), CO detectors, heat detectors and smokes working. Now I just to wire the door contacts, glass breaks and motion detectors.

Good luck to you!