Power usage monitoring

Hi,

I’m still not sure which home domotica control station to buy. But the Vera 3 is a good option.
What I can’t find if it is possible to get graphics from the power usage of the power meters.
I see that the standard GUI can show the usage at the moment itself, but is it also possible to
show historic data? But Ido not want to store my data on a remote site on the internet (like Ergy).

Thanks for you advise(s)

[quote=“nevicare, post:1, topic:183562”]Hi,

I’m still not sure which home domotica control station to buy. But the Vera 3 is a good option.
What I can’t find if it is possible to get graphics from the power usage of the power meters.
I see that the standard GUI can show the usage at the moment itself, but is it also possible to
show historic data? But Ido not want to store my data on a remote site on the internet (like Ergy).

Thanks for you advise(s)[/quote]

Vera is not a graphing or great tracking tool. Yes there is things like DATAmine plugin that can graph that info and store it on a USB drive attached to the VERA, but I’m still thinking it might not be as clean and setup as alot of other solutions outside of vera.

Looking at ERGY website you won’t find as much graphing or charts and detail like that in VERA. That’s not why Energy information is put into vera really. And Vera itself is not a storage device. So everything needs to be saved somewhere else.

What would be THE recommended data logging app/service? Seems like some plug-ins are not maintained anymore. Cloud/usb/NAS, no matter, the plug-in is the most important.
Thanks for your thoughts.

[quote=“Zooz, post:3, topic:183562”]What would be THE recommended data logging app/service? Seems like some plug-ins are not maintained anymore. Cloud/usb/NAS, no matter, the plug-in is the most important.
Thanks for your thoughts.[/quote]

I personally am using DATAmine, but I think you right it’s not maintained anymore. It works and i use it, but it doesn’t look or will ever looks like ERGY. Again VERA is Home automation and not home graphing. Not to say someone couldn’t make a awesome plugin with great graphs. But I don’t think it’s requested enough. It also for me doesn’t do anything for me to look at hourly, daily, monthly graphing threw my home automation. If I had solar panels I would be more interested, but I would problem use the software that came with them to get that overload of data.