Possible Bug: Scene Missing

I created a scene in VeraMate with a GeoFence. The scene ran fine on my VeraLite as expected. The problem is, the scene does not show up in the VeraLite. If I try to create a scene with the same name, I get a “Scene name must be unique” error. I’d like to modify or delete the scene, but have no way to do either. Is there a way to delete a scene from VeraMate? I can SSH into the VeraLite if there are any logs that might help troubleshoot this.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Matt

VeraMate 8.7.1
VeraLite UI7

I’ll need to confirm a couple things here as I’m not entirely sure on what is happening - currently you can’t create a scene in VeraMate. You’re only assigning a GeoFence to an already existing scene. All you can do in VeraMate is rename the scene. I’m guessing you’ve created a new scene in your VeraLite, and trying to rename an existing scene to be the same name - which show this error. ? A new scene should be refreshed in VeraMate (which I’ll look into, as if it’s not, it might be a bug), but this might be the problem, so log out, and back in to force it to refresh the configuration.

But just to confirm, VeraMate doesn’t (currently) support creating, deleting, or modifying a scene (i.e, the devices it runs etc)…

Sorry for the misinformation. You’re right. I created a scene in UI7, added a geofence using VeraMate. I did not rename the scene. Once the geofence was added using VeraMate, the scene no longer showed up in the VeraLite UI. I knows its there, because its shows up in VeraMate and if I try to create a new scene in UI7 using the same name, I get the “Scene name must be unique” error. Hopefully this makes more sense. Thanks again for your help.

Matt

Ah ok :slight_smile: Assigning a GeoFence to a scene in VeraMate makes zero changes to your Vera. This then looks like yet another bug in UI7. You could try clearing your browser cache etc, but I’d recommend attempting to contact Vera support as there’s nothing I can do on this end unfortunately.

(My usual disclaimer is recommending against using UI6/7 due to all these bugs, and it still being in BETA).

According to information in other threads, this was done on purpose and is a “feature”.

I agree, it is a bug. Regardless of the type of trigger, all scenes should be visible in the web UI. I did discover that the ALTUI displays all scenes.