Popp/Danfoss radiator thermostat: control setpoint with luup

I’m trying to code some lua to adjust the setpoint of the radiator thermostat.
the following code changes the parameter value, as seen in the “advanced settings” showing all values:

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat", "SetCurrentSetpoint", {NewCurrentSetpoint = userTemperature}, dev_Id)

However, the user interface value does not reflect this in the vera UI nor does it actually transmit the value to the device. Adjusting via the + or - buttons on the UI works as expected.
I’m aware that any adjustment i do only gets updated every 30mins or so when the device polls for an update.

any advice on this appreciated. thanks
still happily running UI v5

https://community.getvera.com/t/direct-association-popp-danfoss-trv-010101/208594

I’ve got it working. The LUA code assigns the new setpoint BUT the user interface for vera does not reflect this straight away. I’m assuming once the device has been polled (after its designated interval) the values are reflected then.

code used:
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat", "SetCurrentSetpoint", {NewCurrentSetpoint = new_Temperature}, dev_Id)

As i said, the new value is not immediately displayed on the UI but does after a short while.