Pool pump pressure/watts

So I hooked up a Z-Wave wall switch, a contactor and the Aeotec Smart Energy Monitor Meter (clamp on) to operate and monitor my pool. This allowed me to setup timers/triggers and also allowed me to monitor the watts (amperage) usage while mapping those readings to that of the pool pump pressure. This way whenever the pressure got to around 21-22 lbs (1070 Watts) I would know when it needed to be pumped (It’s Earth Filter).

Now here’s my dilemma, I set vera up so that whenever the watts goes below 1070 (the higher the pressure the lower the wattage) the wife and I will each get a text message letting us know that the pool needed to be pumped. The problem is that every time the filter turns off we get a text. Does anyone know of any way around this? Thanks

Does anyone know of a plugin that has better energy management settings than that of Vera’s? I’d like to say hey, check the wattage only during this time frame. Which would coincide with the timers i have set to run the pool.

It’s amazing how accurate the readings coincide with that of the pump pressure. I can look at my phone and know exactly how much pressure it’s running at by the amount of wattage that It’s using.

Can you put a lower bound on the wattage check for example > 100 and < 1070? That should filter out the 0 wattage messages. That’s what I had to do for my washer done notification with PLEG because my washer doesn’t sit exactly as 0 when “off” because of the electronics

I ended up using LUUP code from this page (time period) to add the times = true when the filter is scheduled to run. Although I’ll look at what you said and see how that goes to see what works best. Thanks bud

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,18679.msg141962.html#msg141962

Id like to request a new alert to be added to the list for reporting when the pool/spa temperature has been reached when the heater has been turned on.

Thanks,

Billy