POLLING and my Yale smart living wave locks. Vera3 is drying out my batteries.

I have 5 Yale real living z-wave locks controlled by a vera3 controller. however, the batteries (best alkaline 15X) just last about 2 months.

I have talked to the Yale customer service and they told me to be sure to set polling into vera in off mode.

My questions are the following:

1. if I turn polling off, will each lock send the lock status (battery level, person who opened, problems in the locks, lock online/offline, etc… etc…) to VERA3 once the door is opened by someone, or a button is pressed?

2. does someone has experience with Yale real living locks and already tried out different polling timing testing how much battery will last with each timing?

thanks

brux

[quote=“brunello.bianchi, post:1, topic:199228”]I have 5 Yale real living z-wave locks controlled by a vera3 controller. however, the batteries (best alkaline 15X) just last about 2 months.

I have talked to the Yale customer service and they told me to be sure to set polling into vera in off mode.

My questions are the following:

1. if I turn polling off, will each lock send the lock status (battery level, person who opened, problems in the locks, lock online/offline, etc… etc…) to VERA3 once the door is opened by someone, or a button is pressed?

2. does someone has experience with Yale real living locks and already tried out different polling timing testing how much battery will last with each timing?

thanks

brux[/quote]

1. Yes because all the events are reported by the lock. There is no reason to auto poll these locks besides maybe getting the battery status updated.: The vera will poll it every time after a command is sent from vera. The lock will send a zwave signal every time is gets an event.
  2. I have not tried any of this. I change my batteries which are NiMH rechargeable about once every 3 months. I sometimes use Lithium batteries which go up to a year.

I do not have locks but I have 2 door sensors. The front door - maybe opened once a day, the battery lasts about a year and a half. The garage door, opened maybe 10 times a day, the battery lasts about 6 to 9 months or so.

I have polling set to off for these and other battery devices.