Poll Altsteon devices from scenes?

Is there a way to “poll” altsteon devices from scenes, presumably with some lua code? They do apparently get polled periodically already - when I change the state of one of my FanLinc’s, for example, it does, eventually update in the vera interface. What I would like is to be able to make a scene such that when something else happens (specifically the KeypadLinc that controls the FanLinc changes state) I immediately poll another device. How can I achieve this? Thanks.

Let me revise my question. Looking more at the documentation for Alsteon, it looks like I should be able to do something like “aa.bb.cc poll” from the alsteon_cli to achieve what I want. So the question then becomes simply “how do I run alsteon_cli commands from a scene.” What command should I use in the scene to execute alsteon commands?

Well, I don’t know if this is the most “elegant” or “best” approach - it seems like I should be able to call a function on the device directly or similar - but I did manage to get this working by using the following Lua code:

os.execute("echo -e \"27.88.05 poll\nquit\"| /overlay/sbin/altsteon_cli ")

Where 27.88.05 is the address of the insteon device I want polled. Surely there is a better way though - something akin to a call_action on the device?