Plugins entry for newly added plugin

Hi,
My problem/confusion/stupidity has to do with the plugins page in AltUI not displaying installed plugins
from my imported plugins from Vera. Devices seem to be created properly, but I don’t see an entry in
the Plugins windows for the newly created plugin. Here is my setup:

Vera: Vera 3 running UI5 with some installed plugins (Day or Night v1.1, Sonos v1.4, Wink v0.24, etc)
Raspberry Pi 3 with new clean install of Rasbian Lite
New manual install of openLuup v3.9 and AltUI installed today.

The install went perfectly and ran VeraBridge->GetVeraFiles also without a hitch.

To test out the plugin creation I tried both the +Create button on the AltUI Devices page
and

luup.create_device ("", "", "Day or Night", "D_DayTime.xml")

A device was properly created, but there is no entry in the AltUI Plugins page.
AltUI running on my Vera 3 properly shows the Day or Night plugin entry.

I researched away on the forums and Users Guide but could not find a solution.

Thanks for any insights you may have on this!
Kris

Glad to hear that the initial install and file transfer went flawlessly.

Creating a device with D_xxx.xml and I_xxx.xml files is NOT the same as installing a plugin (either on Vera or openLuup.)

If you’ve done the device creation correctly, the device should still work, but indeed the system does not have the appropriate information to display it on the Installed Plugins page. Specifically, it doesn’t have the file dependencies or configuration to allow it to update the files from the appropriate respository (either the MiOS App Store, or AltUI’s Alternate App Store.)

You may install plugins properly using the AltAppStore from either of the above repositories using AltUI’s More > App Store menu page.

[quote=“akbooer, post:2, topic:195923”]If you’ve done the device creation correctly, the device should still work, but indeed the system does not have the appropriate information to display it on the Installed Plugins page. Specifically, it doesn’t have the file dependencies or configuration to allow it to update the files from the appropriate respository (either the MiOS App Store, or AltUI’s Alternate App Store.)

You may install plugins properly using the AltAppStore from either of the above repositories using AltUI’s More > App Store menu page.[/quote]

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I think there is something fundamental I’m not getting about the difference between MiOS app store vs AltUI’s alt app store. So even though Day or Night app, Sonos app and Wink are compatible with AltUI they are not listed in the Alt App Store. Also on the Vera unit AltUI can display in the plugins page all (non altUI) plugins, but can’t on the openLuup platform.

So if I understand correctly, if the plugins are compatible with AltUI and have registered with AltUI Alt App Store, they can be installed via the webpage and will be displayed correctly in the openLuup AltUI Plugins page. If they are not registered with the Alt App Store but compatible we would have to manually download the files and manually create a device entry without a Plugins page entry?

As a sidenote, akbooer I have to just say my Vera 3 UI5 has worked solidly for years but over the last year has become very painful to deal with - scene activation and any configuration, lua coding, etc via webpage would take 2-5 minutes to acknowledge something was clicked and they save, reboot, etc around another 5 min. I was getting ready to brick the unit and get a VeraPlus but heard way too many nightmare stories especially with some of my older zwave switches. What you have done with openLuup and what amg0 has done with AltUI are to be commended! It has given my home automation a fresh new life - thanks!

The AltAppStore is a collaboration between three developers:

[ul][li]amg0 - AltUI interface[/li]
[li]vosmont - cloud database[/li]
[li]myself - plugin for Vera and openLuup[/li][/ul]

We did it as a convenience for all developers, since there is no authorization delay in updating code and also the code resides in GitHub repositories rather than on a MiOS Trac repository. Because of that, the AltAppStore only contains plugins which other developers have chosen to place there. We have never taken the liberty of placing other third-party code there.

A Vera running AltUI and the AltAppStore plugin can install from either the Trac repository (that’s the Vera button) or the AltAppStore (that’s the ALT button.) Whereas on openLuup, you can only install from the AltAppStore. However, you do always have the alternative of downloading onto Vera, transferring the files, and installing manually on openLuup. Why are you so keen on having them on the Plugins page?

Glad to hear that openLuup and AltUI are providing a new lease of life for your Vera. That’s one of the reasons I wrote openLuup (which would not have been possible without AltUI.)

Hey there!

The more I read up on this, the more confused I get haha

I too thought that I could create a device by selecting those two files. The previous poster has a Vera so he can see the plugin, but I only have openLuup; how do I know that it’s created, and then how do I use it?

I’m not very good with this stuff, so my apologies for asking a question that might sound really stupid.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

What are you actually trying to do? It’s not clear to me from your post. The more explicit you can be, the easier it is to help.