THIS PLUGIN HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN FROM DISTRIBUTION
Plugin for controlling devices attached to a Wink (winkapp.com / wink.com) Account.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The latest version is now posted in the “LATEST VERSION” thread HERE
A Wink Account OR a rooted Wink Hub attached to your local network
NOTE: ** local_api mode is NOT available on rooted wink hubs that have been upgraded to firmware 2.19 **
- Quirky devices associated with your Wink Account:
- Quirky EggMinder
- Quirky Porkfolio
- Quirky+GE Aros Air Conditioner
- Quirky ReFuel
- Quirky Pivot Power Genius
- Quirky Nimbus (allows updates via lua code or http request) - (FEATURE DETAILS)
- Quirky Spotter
- Quirky+GE Tapt Smart Switch - (FEATURE DETAILS)
- Wink Hubs / Wink Relay / GE Link Hub
- (Multiple hubs on the same Wink account are supported)
- dimmable light bulbs associated to Wink Hub/Wink Relay/GE Link hub (ie: Lutron Caseta dimmers,GE Link bulbs,Ecosmart Smart Bulbs,etc)
- binary light bulbs associated to Wink Hub/Wink Relay/GE Link hub
- binary switches associated to Wink Hub/Wink Relay (ie: Leviton/ZWave/Zigbee switches)
- door locks associated to Wink Hub/Wink Relay (Kwikset/Schlage,etc)
- thermostats associated to Wink Hub/Wink Relay
- garage door controllers linked to your Wink account
- Quirky Tripper
- Linked Services
- MYQ garage door controllers linked to your Wink account
(MYQ support is automatically disabled if the MYQ plugin is detected)
- Nest Thermostat / Nest Protect linked to your Wink account
- Rheem Econet Water Heaters
- MYQ garage door controllers linked to your Wink account
- Other Devices and Features
- Lutron Caseta PICO remotes - (FEATURE DETAILS)
- Wink Shortcuts - (FEATURE DETAILS)
NOTE: ** Installation instructions and option descriptions are located after the version history **
IMPORTANT NOTE: The latest version is now posted in the “LATEST VERSION” thread HERE
v0.20 - October 27, 2015
– general availability release of all updates since v0.19
v0.19dev23 - September 26, 2015 (Manual update only)
- fixed - plugin crashes when processing group devices (see HERE for details)
v0.19dev22 - September 16, 2015 (Manual update only)
- added - support for Lutron Connected Bulb Remote (see HERE for details)
v0.19dev19 - September 8, 2015 (Manual update only)
- added - icon for Rheem Econet Water Heaters
- added - option to create Vera devices for Temperature and Humidity devices on Wink Relay and Quirky Spotter
- added - support for Quirky+GE Tapt Smart Switch (see HERE for details)
v0.19dev15 - September 1, 2015 (Manual update only - EXPERIMENTAL)
- add status/control for Rheem Econet Water Heaters
- fixed error in UI5 json file for thermostats
v0.19dev14 - August 29, 2015 (Manual update only - EXPERIMENTAL)
- fixed - Nimbus dial configuration json not correctly encoded
v0.19dev13 - August 28, 2015 (Manual update only - EXPERIMENTAL)
- fixed - Nimbus dial configuration parameters not passed as documented
v0.19dev11 - August 28, 2015 (Manual update only - EXPERIMENTAL)
- add control of dial pointer position and backlight brightness
v0.19dev10 - August 27, 2015 (App Marketplace OR manual install)
– add Nimbus dial update support - see HERE for details
v0.19 - August 12, 2015 (App Marketplace OR manual install)
– general availability release of all updates since v0.18
v0.18b101 - August 12, 2015 (manual update only)
– fixed - UI5 settings - page layout corrected for addition of “shortcuts” option
– fixed - UI5 settings - device summary display not formatted correctly
v0.18b100 - August 9, 2015 (manual update only)
– added - initial support for Wink Shortcuts
see HERE for details and changed file list.
v0.18b99 - August 9, 2015 (manual update only)
– added - limited support for control/status display from mobile apps that use generic serviceid for unknown device support
– added - initial AAU support (upcoming wink native localcontrol interface)
– added - local device control of group devices if Wink API command fails (using Local_Api or AAU if available)
– changed - tweaks to load level calculation for dimmer devices
– added - configured wink device summary on device settings
– changed - no longer suppress vera device creation for remote pico with no members
see HERE for changed file list.
v0.18b91 - July 28, 2015 (manual update only)
– Fixed - REMOTE/COMBINED MODE - plugin would not process devices properly if a Wink Hub/Wink Relay was not attached to the Wink Account
v0.18b90 - July 28, 2015 (manual update only)
– Updated - local_api to v0.38
– Changed - handling of possible api changes to Power Pivot
– ADDED - Ability to use a Pico remote as a scene controller when using LOCAL api mode
see HERE for details
v0.18b86 - July 22, 2015 (manual update only)
– fixed - (verified) local api - fixed device processing of new format device id for newly installed zigbee devices on firmware 01.01
v0.18b84 - July 22, 2015 (manual update only)
– fixed - (verified) plugin crashs due to changes in the subscription data for device state notifications
v0.18b82 - July 21, 2015 (manual update only)
– fixed - additional plugin crash due to changes in the subscription data for device state notifications
– fixed - obscure bug that caused plugin to crash if an action was requested before the plugin had completed initializing child devices
v0.18b81 - July 20, 2015 (manual update only)
– fixed - plugin crash due to changes in the subscription data for device state notifications
v0.18b79 - July 19, 2015 (manual update only)
– updated - local_api updated to v0.36
– fixes - local_api - When adding a new Cree bulb, it is flagged by the Wink APP as a switch instead of a dimmer
– fixes - local_api - certain conditions would cause the powered state of a dimmer device to update incorrectly
v0.18b78 - July 17, 2015 (manual update only)
– fixes - typo in v0.18b77 that caused the plugin to fail to load
v0.18b77 - July 17, 2015 (manual update only)
– fixes - dimmable light state not always updated correctly
– added - SwitchPower1-Status variable update for dimmable light and group devices
** NOTE ** - If you are upgrading from v0.17b75, you only need to upload L_Wink_Hub1.lua to your Vera
v0.18b75 - July 3, 2015 (manual update only)
– fixes accidental regression of auto-update code for Local API on rooted Wink Hub
– fixes device processing misidentified devices under certain circumstances for Local API on rooted Wink Hub
– fixes support for multiple Wink Hubs on the local network (local API) - would only process the first Hub found
– fixes device definition/state not processed properly due to Wink API changes
– fixes authorization token expiry handling
– fixes dimmable light device state gets out of sync
– adds automatic token refresh/reauthorization on authorization failure
– fixes device definition/state not processed properly due to Wink API changes with hub firmware 01.01
– fixes Wink Relay Smart Buttons would not reset once tripped
v0.18b42 - April 28, 2015 (manual update only)
– General availability release combining all updates since v0.18b12
– adds UI7 support for door lock basic functions (lock/unlock)
– adds support for association control for Pico Remotes (REMOTE API only) (Add/Remove devices associated with a remote only)
v0.18b12 - April 22, 2015 (manual update only)
– General availability release combining all updates since v0.17
v0.18 - April 21, 2015
– fixed - MYQ garage door controllers now work with UI7
– added - Garage Door Controller extended to any device that is reported as a “garage_door” by the Wink API
– added - fault notification for garage door controllers.
v0.17b70 - April 20, 2015 (Manual installation only)
v0.17 - March 9, 2015
v0.16 - March 4, 2015
v0.15b149 - February 25, 2015 (not available in the App Marketplace)
v0.15b140 - February 22, 2015
v0.15b120 - February 18, 2015
v0.15b115 - February 18, 2015
v0.15 - February 5, 2015
v0.13 - January 27, 2015
v0.12 - January 25, 2015
v0.11 - January 14, 2015
v0.10 - January 12, 2015
V0.9 - January 12, 2015
Initial public release
*** NOTE 1 *** If you are updating an existing installation, you MUST reload the LuaUPnP engine one additional time after the plugin has downloaded and installed. (UI5: click on reload button on dashboard - UI7: go to “Wink Hub” setup page, click on “Advanced”, scroll to bottom of page, click on “Reload Engine”)
*** NOTE 2 *** Once the plugin has updated/installed, you MUST refresh your browser using F5 or CTRL-F5.
- Install the plugin from the MIOS App Marketplace.
- Once the plugin is installed and the luup engine has reloaded, go to the settings page for the “Wink Hub” device.
- Enter your Wink account email address and click on “set”
- Enter your Wink account password and click on “set”
- (Optional) Enter the desired polling interval and click on “set”. (This value defaults to 60 seconds)
- Click on “Resync”.
As of version 0.12, the plugin has two operating modes, “REMOTE” and “LOCAL”. The plugin defaults to “REMOTE” Wink API mode, which connects to the Wink API server via the internet. “LOCAL” mode allows control of a rooted Wink Hub by communicating with a “local api” server via your local network.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A ROOTED WINK HUB, DO NOT SELECT “LOCAL” MODE!!!
To configure “LOCAL” mode, see the instructions below.
If you entered the correct username/password, the plugin will load the device definitions from your Wink hub(s) and will create a Vera device for each device that is supported. Progress is displayed in the Info Box at the top of the dashboard. The “Resync” will cause the LuaUPnP engine to restart multiple times as the Vera devices are configured. THIS IS NORMAL.
If you add additional devices to the wink hub, they will be automatically detected (if supported) when the LuaUPnP engine is restarted (usually with the Reload button) or when you select “Resync”)
The plugin will update the status of the Wink devices according to the polling interval you have set (or the default of 60 seconds if not set). If you command a device change (ie: select to turn on a light), the command is sent to the Wink hub immediately, and the plugin will (attempt to) update the status for that device immediately. Unlike Vera native devices (which polls each device individually), the Wink Hub sends status for all of its devices in a single poll request, so polling can be set to a lower value that 60 if desired without significant adverse effects. (Note, however, that the Wink takes about 2 or 3 seconds to respond to a poll request, so the poll interval should not be set to less that 5 seconds!)
The name for each of the Vera devices created by the plugin is taken from the name stored on the Wink API server. You can NOT change the name used in Vera by changing the device name in the setup page, it will revert to the name used on the Wink API server at the next device update. To change the name used by Vera, make the change stored on the Wink API by using the Wink App.
- install the plugin from the App Marketplace and allow the Vera LuaUPnP engine to completely reload.
- Download the attached update archive and extract the contents to a temporary directory.
- Go to Apps/Develop Apps/Luup Files in the Vera UI. Upload all files in the archive to your Vera. Allow the LuaUPnP to restart (likely several times).
4a) UI5: Click on the “Reload” button on the dashboard. Allow the LuaUPnP engine to reload.
4b) UI7: Go to the “Wink Hub” setup page, click on “Advanced”, scroll to the bottom of the page, click on “Reload Engine”. Allow the LuaUPnP engine to reload.
- Refresh your browser using F5 or CTRL-F5.
- Proceed to configure the plugin.
Configuring a “rooted” Wink Hub for “LOCAL” mode:
- Install/upgrade the plugin to version 0.12 or greater.
2a) Copy the “local_api.php.txt” file from the update archive to “/var/www/” on your rooted Wink Hub and rename it “local_api.php”. Make sure the file permissions are 0700 (This is the default file mode as of Wink firmware 00.56)
---- OR ----
2b) Download the “local_api.php.txt” file from your Vera (under Apps/Develop Apps/Luup files) to a temporary directory. Rename the “local_api.php.txt” file to “local_api.php” and copy the file to “/var/www/” on your rooted Wink Hub. Make sure the file permissions are 0700 (This is the default file mode as of Wink firmware 00.56)
---- OR ----
2c) Enable the “Install local api” option (a LuaUPnP restart will be required)
- Go to the Wink Device setup page.
- Click on “LOCAL” or “COMBINED”. Plugin status will change to “Resync required”.
- Click on “Resync”. The plugin will detect the Wink Hubs (multiple hubs are supported)on your local network and determine if the local api server is correctly installed. Once detected, the plugin will detect which devices are installed on the hub(s) and create Vera devices for them.
NOTE 1: The local hub API currently only supports specific types of lutron, zigbee and z-wave devices. The supported types are dimmable lights, binary switches and door locks.
NOTE 2: The name of the Vera devices are initially set to the default name for the type of device, eg “_Dimmable Light”. The Wink hub does not store the user specified name of the device (that is stored on the Wink API server). You can change the device name on the setting page for the individual devices.
The plugin can operate in one of three modes:
“LOCAL”: This mode is for use ONLY with a rooted Wink Hub with the local_api_php script installed on it and connected to the same local network as the Vera.
“REMOTE”: This mode is for controlling devices associated to you Wink account using the Wink API.
“COMBINED”: This mode provides local control of rooted, locally connected, Wink Hub AND control of devices associated to your wink account simultaneously. Any device that is reported by the Wink API which is controllable by a local hub will be controlled directly via the local hub and all other devices will be controlled via the Wink API.
The client mode controls the way that the plugin retrieves device status updates.
“POLLED”: The plugin will retrieve device status updated by periodically (set with the user defined “Hub Poll Time” value).
“Notifications”: This mode enabled the plugin to operate in “event driven” mode.
- For “REMOTE” API mode, the plugin will subscribe to PUBNUB notifications for each device that is configured. When a device state is changed, the Wink API will generate a notification that the plugin will process.
- For “LOCAL” API mode, the plugin will receive a notification from the local hub, and will retrieve and process the hub device state.
** NOTE: Local API notifications are not yet available, and automatically falls back to POLLED mode **
- For “COMBINED” API mode, the plugin will recieve and process both PUBNUB and local hub notifications.
If, for any reason, a subscription to notifications for a device is not possible, the plugin will automatically use polling mode for any devices that are not capable of providing notifications.
“Exclude Z-Wave devices”: Enabling this option causes the plugin to exclude any wink device reported by the Wink API as being connected via the Z-Wave radio on a Wink Hub from the devices create on the Vera. This option can be used to prevent duplicate devices on your Vera if you are using a Wink Hub as a secondary Z-Wave controller.
“Groups support”: Enabling this option will cause the plugin to create a Vera device for each device group configured in the Wink account.
“Remove individual Group devices”: This option is only valid when “Groups support” is enabled. This option causes the plugin to exclude devices that are used in any Wink Group from the list of devices created on the Vera.
“Shortcut support”: Enabling this option will cause the plugin to create a Vera device for each “Shortcut” configured in the Wink Account.
“Update local Hubs”: Enabling this option allows the plugin to update the local api script installed on a locally connected rooted Wink Hub (requires the installed local api script to be at v0.20 or above)
“Install local API”: Enabling this option will allow the plugin to attempt to install the local api script onto a rootable/rooted hub that does not already have the local api script installed. This option uses several different publicly known exploits (set_dev_value / sql_injection / ssh_exploit) to effectively root the local hub. This option WILL NOT root hubs that have been upgraded past hub firmware version 00.37… This option WILL install the local api on Wink Hubs that have been previously rooted and manually upgraded past firmware version 00.37. If the local api is installed by the script, the “community certificate” (rsa_no_plus certificate that is used in several rooting tutorials) and your vera’s public key will be installed onto the Wink Hub to aid in future accessibility to the hub.
“Support local Hub Notifications”: Enabling this option will disable local polling and activate pseudo-notification from the local hub. (This option is not yet implemented in the local api scripts)
“Support Pico Events”: Enabling this option will configure the local api to generate notifications when a button on a Lutron Caseta Pico Remote is activated. (available in version 0.18b90 or greater)
“OpenSSH Private Key”: This input field allows you to specify the private key to use if your Wink Hub has been previously rooted using a private key. The input is expected to be in PEM (text) format (unix and dos format are acceptable)