PLUGIN: Magic Home Wifi LED Control (Bulbs & RGBW strips)

No joy on the luup call. For the time being I’m using homekit to turn them on and letting vera handle the changes and turning off.

Here is my fix… As previously mentioned, the firmware update seems to cause “SetTarget” (Setting to value=1) to call “SetLoadLevelTarget”. My change looks at the current “Status” variable and if the lights aren’t already powered on (Status=1), it calls the powerUnitOn() function to actually turn the unit on.

1. Download I_MagicHomeRGBW.xml and search for the following code (approx line 767)

<action> <serviceId>urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1</serviceId> <name>SetLoadLevelTarget</name>

1. Scroll down to this conditional block:

if newLevel == 0 then luup.variable_set("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1", "Status", 0, lul_device) luup.variable_set("urn:ceefin-mcvforum-com:serviceId:MagicHomeRGBW1", "IconState", 0, lul_device) else luup.variable_set("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1", "Status", 1, lul_device) luup.variable_set("urn:ceefin-mcvforum-com:serviceId:MagicHomeRGBW1", "IconState", newLevel, lul_device) end

1. You will change it to this:

if newLevel == 0 then luup.variable_set("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1", "Status", 0, lul_device) luup.variable_set("urn:ceefin-mcvforum-com:serviceId:MagicHomeRGBW1", "IconState", 0, lul_device) else if (luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1", "Status", lul_device) == "0") then if(DEBUG_RGBW) then luup.log("MagicHomeRGBW: Powering on!") end powerUnitOn() end luup.variable_set("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1", "Status", 1, lul_device) luup.variable_set("urn:ceefin-mcvforum-com:serviceId:MagicHomeRGBW1", "IconState", newLevel, lul_device) end

1. Upload the file. Once the luup engine restarts, your lights will power on as expected.

Note: If your devices are turned “on” in Vera (but aren’t actually on), you will need to turn them off (so the variable ‘Status’ = 0) otherwise the command will be ignored.

Hope this helps anyone else until a fix is issued officially.

Thanks! works great.

jasonatepaint: Seriously, I appreciate your help on this. I’ll incorporate this change and republish ASAP.

No problem. I appreciate all your work to build it. :slight_smile:

Awesome. Thanks for all your help everyone! I’m back in business.

I have added the updated code chunk to the xml file and published a new release (1.3). I’m relying on reports from you guys saying this works, as my HA stuff is still mostly in a box after our recent move. I’m eventually going to get around to getting everything back up and running here. Please let me know if this release breaks anything!

Thanks again for your help!

Hi does anyone know when the new release 1.3 will be out?

I submitted it 2 weeks ago. I sent the support folks an email today to see what’s going on.

Just out of curiosity, those of you who are following this thread - what units are you using the plugin with?

At the moment I’m only using my Magic UFO RGBW LED controller for above my kitchen cabinets. I have 5 other light bulbs that are still in the box I used to move them in. Eventually I’ll find new uses for them in the house. Two of them were in my garage lights outdoors but in my new house all of those are candelabra-sized so I can’t use them.

I’ve seen a newer, cheaper unit in the Nexlux/Superlight brands that use the app - anyone using those?

Does anyone have the file I could copy?

I use it to control my RGBW tape

So it appears that there’s a bug with one of the latest firmware versions that has broken a few things. Supposedly the latest update fixed it, but I’m still having problems with my unit. Currently working to get that fixed.

On the bright side… (heh, pun!) - I’ve put together the code needed to transition relatively smoothly from one color to another. I’m going to be adding it to the plugin as soon as I’m able. Will make it configurable for transition time and number of steps.

Color fade code is approaching complete. I’m working on getting it into the system now.

Any update on when the fixed version will be released?

It hasn’t been done yet? I submitted it like 6 weeks ago. Sorry for that - I’ll follow up with the Vera folks and have them approve it.

Thanks! The version shows as 1.2 from 2016. This is using the “Install Apps” function in 1.7.3232.

App id :8600
Current Version:1.2
Latest Version1.2
Auto Update
This plugin has created the following devices:

#801 Library LEDS

#802 Window LED Strip

Yeah, mine does too… If you’d like, I could send you a link to the files to upgrade to the latest?

That would be great. I did the edit to the implementation file to fix the problem with turning on, but I would certainly prefer to have the latest version. Thanks for creating this plug-in—it makes LED strip control much more affordable.

Can anyone confirm if the WiFi configuration on the Magic Home UFO is able to handle complex WiFi passkeys? (complex, defined as key length > 32 chars, and includes special symbols and spaces).

The last few inexpensive WiFi HA devices I’ve tried, like those from Broadlink, wouldn’t connect to my home WiFi (2.4GHz) because of this.

Hi All,

I just installed the Plugin and everything is working fine. But is there a way how i can control the light (RGBW strip) with the android app? In the app i have a Light bulb icon but no sitch to control it?
Currently iam using a virtual switch but a switch in the app would be great.

Anyways, thanks for the plugin it works great in my sunset/sunrise PLEG’s

Really news question, where would one go to figure out how to get things like this up and running? I have the magic bulb, and the android app for it. Connects, works great, but would like vera edge control of the app.