PLUGIN: Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Thermostats

Why you are changing variables on something that was already working fine for others? Stick to the working solution is my suggestion. You were not working…we provided a working solution…instead of taking the working route you go it alone and it’s not working. Process of elimination could be applied here…

If it ain’t broke…don’t fix it…

I just installed this plugin but when I set the TCC I’m getting the following error in UI7. I can see and set my device in MTC for whatever reason this plugin isn’t picking it up.

Honeywell TCC Authorization passed, but no devices were found

I use UI5, not 7…that being said, I hope you did not use the plugin on the mios site. The only way it seems to work at this point is to use these two posts together. One will get you the working app, the other is a needed patch (scene) that will keep the connection going between the Vera and the Honeywell servers. GL

WORKING PLUGIN METHOD:
Completely uninstall the existing Honeywell TCC Plugin.
Install all of the files form the file called “Version 1-0 RC.zip” that is on page 7 of the above referenced thread or here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=29938.0;attach=21790
If you need help on how to install these files, the instructions are on page 2 of the above referenced thread or here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,29938.msg212975.html#msg212975
Reload luup
Open your new device and provide your Honeywell TCC login credentials. Make sure you can successfully log in.
Manually enter your Thermostat ID numbers. If you don’t know these, you can get them from going to www.mytotalconnectcomfort.com, login and select one of your thermostats. You will see a 6-digit number at the end of the URL on your browser. This is the Thermostat ID.
After you enter these numbers in and click the Update IDs button, the thermostats will be added. Please note that in Vera, the Thermostat names will just be the ID numbers, but you can manually change this.

Overall, this version of the app works fine. It is a lot more “manual”, than the other version, but it gets rid of the error message and will work fine for those who didn’t already have the app set up when the issue started. Also, this version of the app is limited to 3 Thermostats…just be aware of that if you have more than 3.

PATCH (scene) needed to maintain connection between Vera and Honeywell servers:
SEE REPLY #169 for photos (UI5) if needing additional explanation

SHORT VERSION:

1. Create NEW SCENE
  2. ADVANCED TAB
  3. Find your Parent AC Device in the PICK A DEVICE Drop Down
  4. Press ADD
  5. Choose “SetUsernamePassword” in the Drop Down
  6. Provide your Honeywell USER ID and PASSWORD
  7. SCHEDULES TAB - ADD (every 4 hrs)
  8. SAVE

Wait a few minutes and try RUN on the new scene to confirm working - Look for AUTHORIZATION PASSED in Vera GUI (top of web app).

Shawn, thanks for the detailed info. I followed the process got authorization passed but got this error when updating the id

Unsuccessful. Error code: 500

My plesaure…this was a working plugin but has kinda fallen from grace and this is all we have to work with at this point. Not sure what that error means but this method works for me bud…perhaps another member can give some advice. Make sure you have the correct thermostat ID numbers??

You nailed it, my system showed a different # depending on the screen. Perhaps one is my user ID the other is my tstat id. The correct one showed up only AFTER i went into the Tstat.

Kick A$$…Glad to hear it’s working for you…It’s a real bonus to have the stats in Vera…Enjoy making/including in your scenes!!

I’m looking for a solution that will allow me to control a large number (more than 10) thermostats on radiators. I wonder what the maximum number of thermostats type HR92 url=http://(http://www.vesternet.com/honeywell-evohome-radiator-zone-kit)[/url] can control this plugin?

Can someone pls help me.
I installed the Honeywell APP. I have the module install and communicating with Thermostat. I created an account with Honeywell and it works find with my thermostat. But I cannot get it to work with vera. I get the following message:
“Honeywell TCC Authorization passed, but no devices were found.”
Obviously it’s have working… but but finding the device. I try to enter the IP and MAC under

name
Honeywell Total Connect Comfort
device_type
urn:schemas-joeyd-com:device:HoneywellTCC:1
altid
ip
mac
00D02D*******

[quote=“Javi767, post:209, topic:185402”]Can someone pls help me.
I installed the Honeywell APP. I have the module install and communicating with Thermostat. I created an account with Honeywell and it works find with my thermostat. But I cannot get it to work with vera. I get the following message:
“Honeywell TCC Authorization passed, but no devices were found.”
Obviously it’s have working… but but finding the device. I try to enter the IP and MAC under

name
Honeywell Total Connect Comfort
device_type
urn:schemas-joeyd-com:device:HoneywellTCC:1
altid
ip
mac
00D02D*******[/quote]

Did you install the plugin from the “app store” ? If so that does not work. Uninstall it and follow the instructions in post #202 a few posts above yours. That method works fine.

WORKING PLUGIN METHOD:

Completely uninstall the existing Honeywell TCC Plugin.
Install all of the files form the file called “Version 1-0 RC.zip” that is on page 7 of the above referenced thread or here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=29938.0;attach=21790
If you need help on how to install these files, the instructions are on page 2 of the above referenced thread or here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,29938.msg212975.html#msg212975
Reload luup
Open your new device and provide your Honeywell TCC login credentials. Make sure you can successfully log in.
Manually enter your Thermostat ID numbers. If you don’t know these, you can get them from going to www.mytotalconnectcomfort.com, login and select one of your thermostats. You will see a 6-digit number at the end of the URL on your browser. This is the Thermostat ID.
After you enter these numbers in and click the Update IDs button, the thermostats will be added. Please note that in Vera, the Thermostat names will just be the ID numbers, but you can manually change this.

Overall, this version of the app works fine. It is a lot more “manual”, than the other version, but it gets rid of the error message and will work fine for those who didn’t already have the app set up when the issue started. Also, this version of the app is limited to 3 Thermostats…just be aware of that if you have more than 3.

PATCH (scene) needed to maintain connection between Vera and Honeywell servers:
SEE REPLY #169 for photos (UI5) if needing additional explanation

SHORT VERSION:

1. Create NEW SCENE
  2. ADVANCED TAB
  3. Find your Parent AC Device in the PICK A DEVICE Drop Down
  4. Press ADD
  5. Choose “SetUsernamePassword” in the Drop Down
  6. Provide your Honeywell USER ID and PASSWORD
  7. SCHEDULES TAB - ADD (every 4 hrs)
  8. SAVE

Wait a few minutes and try RUN on the new scene to confirm working - Look for AUTHORIZATION PASSED in Vera GUI (top of web app)

I am on UI7, I’ve used the version 1 method as described by many BUT I have an issue where in Ui7 there is not advance scene so I have not find a way to set a scene where I can select the TC device with user password and have it retry the login every 4 hours.

Anyone have a solution for creating the auto relog scene in UI7 ?

[quote=“goldriver, post:212, topic:185402”]I am on UI7, I’ve used the version 1 method as described by many BUT I have an issue where in Ui7 there is not advance scene so I have not find a way to set a scene where I can select the TC device with user password and have it retry the login every 4 hours.

Anyone have a solution for creating the auto relog scene in UI7 ?[/quote]

Just create a scene to do something insignificant, once created go in and edit it, select advanced Editor from the edit menu and you can then get to all the advanced options. Here you will be able then set the setting to set password and login information as you wish.

Hi mystic860, thanks for the reply, I tried what you mentionned BUT the problem is that I can’t see the mother device (honeywell TCC), I only can see the thermostat itself when I go in scene so I can’t set the user/password…

Note that I do see the parent device if I go in the “Device” tab

p.s. is it possible that I don’t see the parent device in scenes because the device was added manually as per post 169 propose ???
if so how could I have it appear in the scene device list ?

Create a scene to do something insignificant and select finish.
Once Finished it should be in your scene list, select Edit.
A new menu will present, under Step 3: there will be an option called Advanced Editor, select this.
in this view select Add action, here its kind of hard to see right away but there will be a new item saying please select (a drop down menu). In this menu you will be able to select the parent device. Once you select the parent device, you will see another drop down where you can then select the property to reset logon and password.

You just madge my day, Thanks a lot, I’m new to UI7 so now I now where to find the advance feature in scenes !

Now that everything is set, let It run and see how It reacts, let’s hope that Honeywell don’t change other things

for what its worth I run every thing as described but I do not have to run this authentication fix, it just works, perhaps I am lucky. I would try it without unless you find you need to.

Just give it a couple of days (maybe a week) and you will see that you will need this authentication fix. I too thought I was in the clear, but one random day it just stopped working.

My theory is that the early version of the app does not “try again” once authentication fails. It just stays in the failed state until manual user intervention takes place (or this scene to re-login).

Is it possible to use this plugin to change the temperature by 3 degrees? I’d like to have a scene that when executed, would decrease the temp by x-3 where x is the current temperature setting.

Yes this can be done. The problem is, I can’t tell you how to do it (not very helpful I know…I’m sorry). I had asked a similar question here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,33188.msg242807 and if you read the response that RichardTSchaefer gave, I think that will help you out. What I ended up doing was just using static values. It works fine for me but the only drawback is that if manually change the setpoint on the thermostat, the logic has no way of knowing this and will override it with the static values. It’s not that hard for me to change the logic if I need to. Good luck!