PLEG/PLTS failure after upgrade

Upgraded to Program Logic 5.5 yesterday, all was working fine until this afternoon when I added a new motion sensor. Core, PLEG, and PLTS all upgraded per [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,14446.0.html]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,14446.0.html[/url] and verified to be current version on Apps/My Apps page. Once I added a new sensor, all of my existing PLEG/PLTS devices failed to start. Uninstalled plugin, restarted vera3, installed core and PLTS and the default PLTS device failed with the same error. Several errors in the logs:

01 12/30/13 20:06:26.691 LuaInterface::CallFunction_Startup-1 device 91 function Initialize failed [string "module("L_ProgramLogicCRG", package.seeall)..."]:122: attempt to index local 'f' (a nil value) <0x2be41680> 01 12/30/13 20:06:26.692 LuImplementation::StartLua running startup code for 91 I_ProgramLogicTS.xml failed <0x2be41680>

I recently replaced a complex set of scenes and various plugins with PLEG/PLTS and am quite happy with how it simplified things… Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Running Vera3 with 1.5.622, in an all-ZWave environment.

@buzzdavidson

You may want to restore your system from a backup from before the upgrade.
I see the source of the crash … but do not know why it is happening to you.

I will fix the crash (the symptom) but still need to fix the cause of the problem.

Where are you located ?

Physically? Near Seattle, WA USA.

I’ve done a lot of experimentation with this unit so will probably revert to factory configuration before proceeding. I’ve installed and removed quite a few plugins over time, so there may be some cruft at the root of this issue. Wish me luck…

Reset to factory state, fortunately was able to keep all of my existing Z-Wave associations. PLEG and PLTS worked fine after re-install; in fact, the system is much more responsive overall. I suspect that one or more of the dodgy plugins that I had installed in my initial experimentation left behind some cruft that was causing issues.

Kudos on an elegant design. I was able to replace a Rube Goldberg-esque set of plugins and scenes with a few PLEG devices; much simpler, and easier to debug as well. The status report concept is one that I hope other plugin developers adopt, as it makes it much easier to see what’s happening behind the scenes.