Pleg pleginit() error. Driving my crazy

Hi, long time Vera user here.

I have been using Vera for a long time, i was in love, spending more time tinkering with Vera then spending with my wife.
I have recently upgraded to the latest firmware “1.7.3830”, this is where my troubles began.

Firstly half my devices showed the good old “Cant detect device”, however, Vera support was able to rectify this somehow.
Secondly my startup Lua has stopped working, however, i have not had a chance to look at this, so cant complain to much, yet.

My main problem is when going to pleg/edit i get the message “Error executing function pleginit()”, i have tried reinstalling both pleg and plc but the problem remains. This happened a few days ago and i was able to successfully reinstall these two and it worked for a few days, until now.

I got home today and realised my watering system had been on allllllll day due to this.

I was so annoyed that i spent an hour looking at homeseer.

I dont want to leave you all but homeseer looked so much better, minus the initial cost.

It got worse, started getting cannot write data error.

So i finally fix this the only way i knew how.

8 hours of my life gone, un-pairing, factory reset then re-pairing.
Then a few more hours redoing PLEG, as the backup wouldn’t work.

All working fine again.

Chris

Sorry to hear you had to restore. I am very concerned about going to the new firmware - and will just not do it until they add functionality I actually need…

I am having a lot trouble with the relay servers for VeraSecure. Frequent delays and server errors, often PLEG produces an error trying to show a status report. But locally things are stable…

I do not guarantee that PLEG or PLTS configuration user interface will work over Remote Access servers … I do not test in that environment …