PLEG Next Gen UI

You need to analyze the log (in Verbose mode) in detail for the previous 5 minutes … Looking for things that start … but do not finish.
It’s not easy to do!

You can disarm a PLEG device to see if the actions from that particular PLEG are causing the problems.

Thanks Richard. Turns out I’ve been barking up the wrong tree. Vera support escalated my concern, and while their first level said it was PLEG causing the restarts, here’s what the next level said:

Hello Eric.

I?ve been in touch with our development team and upon further investigation we?ve reached to the conclusion that the Lua Restarts were caused by the Ergy plugin.

This plugin is created by one of our partners but will be discontinued in the next few UI7 builds.

You can try to uninstall the plugin and you the Luup engine shouldn?t abnormally restart anymore.

Please keep in mind that there are normal situations when the Luup engine will restart : when you include or exclude z-wave devices, when you install or uninstall a plugin, when you create or delete scenes, when you do any changes to your configuration.

As an alternative to Ergy you could use another 3rd party plugin called DataMine2 :

DataMine_2

I’ve uninstalled the plugin, and here’s to hoping that’s the end of my grief. Now I’m off to rebuild the PLEG conditions/actions I’ve deleted while doing my trial/error diagnostics.

Just to post an update… After removing the Ergy plugin and power cycling the Vera Edge, I’ve only had one non-initiated reboot (as announced by Vera Alerts). That’s definitely progress. Still, I was continuing to have intermittent sluggishness on certain actions executing. What fixed all of that was a power cycling of all the z-wave devices (i.e. tripping my main breaker).

My Aeon Labs micro switches/dimmers will sometimes become completely unresponsive to toggling the physical switch, or any zwave commands. It happens very rarely, but when it does, I trip the breaker for the given device, and it works again. Apparently there is a state where theses micro devices get sluggish… not quite unresponsive, but gummed up a bit. Glad to have a snappy system again. Sorry for the distraction!

[quote=“Aaron, post:61, topic:191538”]Hi Richard,
Will PLEG NG take the user’s current PLEG devices and ‘upgrade’ it automatically?[/quote]

Hi Richard, was this ever properly answered? As you know I am one of the many with the saving issue and the one that is asking about the promised firmware update from MCV containing “the fix” according to MCV themselves. I wonder if it might be an option to update PLEG to the next UI While I am still running the current latest firmware (7.13).

Thanks in advance.

This will add another option at the end of the PLEG panel (Scroll down).

Hi I uploaded the files (D_ProgramLogicEG-NewAndOld.json and J_PLC.js) on my VeraPlus with the latest Beta.

I can’t find the option for the new Edit functionality.
My panel:
[url=https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipNxqlkLe5QubMtwoHkYH5QbNWrb9NPEBwDgaJZU/photo/AF1QipMoPpyQtQHp2blzzJWohXsp6t71CSb3QORC2jAz]https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipNxqlkLe5QubMtwoHkYH5QbNWrb9NPEBwDgaJZU/photo/AF1QipMoPpyQtQHp2blzzJWohXsp6t71CSb3QORC2jAz[/url]

Update: i removed the file D_ProgramLogicEG.json from my VeraPlus and uploaded the NewAndOld version again, after rebooting the edit button is available. HAPPY :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Same here only I tried the files (D_ProgramLogicEG-NewOnly.json and J_PLC.js) on my VeraPlus with the latest Beta.

As outlined, I removed the ‘txt’ from the J_PLC.js file and also removed the ‘-NewOnly’ from the .json file before uploading.
When I tried to Open the D_ProgramLogicEG.json file in the ‘simulator’ it tells me it is unreadable. ???

Update: Problem solved. I had to use the ‘-NewAndOld’ version. I thought I had tried both but apparently not. Whew what a relief to not have to start from scratch again.

Also I included a screen shot for those who like me, was not sure where to be looking for the added function. Very bottom row with the label ‘Edit’

I decided to try out the new UI and found the following:

I installed the js File and the NEWANDOLD File on a VERA3 running the latest Beta Firmware.

I am trying to add a new action and when choosing a device I am unable to select any Advanced Actions for the devices. (when Unchecking this box, I am able to see the “Faceplate” of the device and it appears I can modify these. One thing to note is that I am using Safari (Which might be the problem). I have attached the screenshot showing what I see.

Also, I tried to open the ACTIONS in Windows Internet Explorer but I get the Error (Actions cannot be retrieved) which is weird because it did let me view the Inputs and Conditions using this Browser.

I tried to edit it using the original Tabs, but I get this error when trying to look at the old INPUTS, ACTIONS, Etc.:
Error executing function pleg_Inputs(): pleg_Inputs is not a function. (In ‘pleg_Inputs(103)’, ‘pleg_Inputs’ is an instance of Object).

I have Chrome on the home computer and will try that tonight and report back.

Chris

[quote=“ChrisGrund, post:87, topic:191538”]I decided to try out the new UI and found the following:

I installed the js File and the NEWANDOLD File on a VERA3 running the latest Beta Firmware.

I am trying to add a new action and when choosing a device I am unable to select any Advanced Actions for the devices. (when Unchecking this box, I am able to see the “Faceplate” of the device and it appears I can modify these. One thing to note is that I am using Safari (Which might be the problem). I have attached the screenshot showing what I see.

Also, I tried to open the ACTIONS in Windows Internet Explorer but I get the Error (Actions cannot be retrieved) which is weird because it did let me view the Inputs and Conditions using this Browser.

I tried to edit it using the original Tabs, but I get this error when trying to look at the old INPUTS, ACTIONS, Etc.:
Error executing function pleg_Inputs(): pleg_Inputs is not a function. (In ‘pleg_Inputs(103)’, ‘pleg_Inputs’ is an instance of Object).

I have Chrome on the home computer and will try that tonight and report back.

Chris[/quote]

I suspect like me you will get the same responses in Chrome.

I am not an expert and new to VERA/PLEG but my frustration, following the recent upgrades, is that when I can’t get something to work I don’t know if it is my incompetence or a system problem.

As a simple example to create a scenario where something switches “on” when any one of 4 triggers is activated but only switches “off” when all 4 triggers are off is difficult (impossible) in a VERA scene. I struggle to understand why VERA doesn’t offer an"AND" option for triggers in scenes. (You don’t actually need the default “OR” option).

I don’t appear to be able to save anything in PLEG anymore and like you can’t trigger an action in “Next Gen UI”

I take all that back.

New version of PLEG updated overnight (UK). All seems to be working normally again + great new interface.

Thanks Richard.

Hi,

I just start using PLEG so please forgive me if i ask noob questions.
After the update (version 8.11) it looks like that not all the information is received by the PLEG app?

I’ve got 3 motion sensors and created a simple Device Trigger for all three of them (Whenever SENSOR detects motion whether is armed or disarmed) But only one of the triggers is working. ‘Last true’ and ‘last False’ is only updated by one of them. (when i create an action, it will only act on the specific trigger, and not on the other two)
Using the standard Vera App, i can see that the motion sensors are working as they should do.

I dont have a registration yet, because i downloaded the app just yesterday, can this be the reason? (According to the app I can use it for 90 days)

UPDATE: now i dont receive any information at all in PLEG?!. I also used the ‘Device properties’ functionality but here the same, no changes at all. Its also not possible to read the current value’s anymore (i used this before to determine the necessary LUX values).

I hope someone can help me?

Hello Everybody
Could you see the picture and tell me what is wrong with my PLEG?

Which Vera firmware are you running? The latest 7.15 beta has issues if you’ve upgraded to that.

[quote=“Alireza44907, post:91, topic:191538”]Hello Everybody
Could you see the picture and tell me what is wrong with my PLEG?[/quote]

Did you figure this one out? I have the same issue with my VeraAlerts

Next Gen UI is still in Beta … there are more changes to come …
If you want to stay on stable baseline you need to use the same Version as UI5 users.
Or turn OFF auto update when you find a version you like, and upgrade on your own schedule.

I’m on PLEG 8.11, PLC 8.14 and Firmware of 1.7.2044.

I’m trying to turn on a bunch of Hue lights when night arrives. I have added each of the lights and then made the “Action” equal to SetTarget with a newTargetValue of 1. When I click the “Run” button on any of the lights (Nightstand, Cabinets, Desk…) the light turns on.

However, if I try to manually run “cEveningLights”, none of the lights go on. What am I doing wrong?

You have to reload LUA for the new definitions to be available to the run-time.

Thank you for the quick response! That worked!

It’s my intention to minimize the number of cases where you have to do a Vera Reload … but I have more work to do there.

Program Logic Event Generator (PLEG) 8.11
Program Logic Core (PLC) 8.16

Vera Edge 1.7.2043

I have same issue : Error executing function pleg_Inputs(): pleg_Inputs is not a function

Try refreshing your browser …
If that does not work … Try upgrading PLEG and PLC again …
You appear to have some Version 7.x file installed on your system.