PLEG and NaN% to Aeon Dimmer

I am having an issue with PLEG seemingly sending a NaN value to a dimmer when a motion trigger is tripped.

I copied the logic directly from an old thread. The old thread, based on the date, was for implementation within UI5. My issue may be as simple as that I just don’t know exactly how to navigate PLEG action setup very well in UI7.

I’ve attached the status report but basically i want to setLoadLevelTarget with the following logic. {(!(6:00:00; t_PRMotion; 20:30:00) ? 100:50 )} It seems that is being read in as a literal string rather than some code and, of course, can’t be interpreted. I’ve also attached a screenshot of the PLEG Action tab so you can see what I’m doing and where…

If I don’t attempt to enter the logic and do just a simple 100 in the setLoadLevelTarget field it works perfectly, so I know all my triggers/conditions are working.

Thanks,
Chris

Probably need some space

100 : 50

Otherwise the parser thinks this is a time mm:ss

I reentered the condition and was generous with the spaces, but still no joy in Mudville…

Do I need PLTS installed to allow for this type of logic? I don’t have it installed but the PLEG basics document doesn’t state it is needed.

New status attached showing (what I think) is the correct placement and use of spaces

I suggest the following:

1. Turn on PLEG debug (Using the LOG command Send it to Vera Log File).
  2. Save/Reload Vera
  3. Monitor the Log File:
    http://Your.Vera.IP.Address/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP
  4. Goto to the PLEG Actions tab … and click “Do It Now” for the “AutoOn” action

Post the output from the log … You might have to wait a few seconds … often the Log is buffered/delayed.

[quote=“ctguess, post:3, topic:186721”]I reentered the condition and was generous with the spaces, but still no joy in Mudville…

Do I need PLTS installed to allow for this type of logic? I don’t have it installed but the PLEG basics document doesn’t state it is needed.

New status attached showing (what I think) is the correct placement and use of spaces[/quote]

Chris,
Did you ever work out why this was happening??
I want to set a dimmable light to one of two levels - depending on the state of a pre-defined schedule (sBrightShed).

I have put the following expression in the Advanced Action Tab to set the value “SetLoadLevel Target” for the dimmer;-

Device: Landing Lights
Action: SetLoadLevelTarget
Allow Logic Expression in Arguments

{(sBrightSched ? 5 : 98)}

I had hoped this would set the light to 98% when within the schedule and 5% when outside the schedule times. However the Landing Light does not come on and NaN% is displayed below on the GUI ???

Anyone got any ideas what I am doing wrong please?

[quote=“Rompabear, post:5, topic:186721”][quote=“ctguess, post:3, topic:186721”]I reentered the condition and was generous with the spaces, but still no joy in Mudville…

New status attached showing (what I think) is the correct placement and use of spaces[/quote]

Chris,
Did you ever work out why this was happening??
I want to set a dimmable light to one of two levels - depending on the state of a pre-defined schedule (sBrightShed).

I have put the following expression in the Advanced Action Tab to set the value “SetLoadLevel Target” for the dimmer;-

Device: Landing Lights
Action: SetLoadLevelTarget
Allow Logic Expression in Arguments

{(sBrightSched ? 5 : 98)}

I had hoped this would set the light to 98% when within the schedule and 5% when outside the schedule times. However the Landing Light does not come on and NaN% is displayed below on the GUI ???

Anyone got any ideas what I am doing wrong please?[/quote]

Don’t worry, i think i have worked out why;

I was running the Action using the “RUN” button on the individual device when you EDIT the Action - this gives the NaN%

But when I use the “Run” button on the main Action page which Runs all the Actions for that Condition - then it performs correctly!