[PLEG 6.5] "Startup Lua Failed" EVERY MORNING! PLEG dead until power off/on

Richard,
Please fix this immediately. Has happened every morning since I completely rebuilt PLEG at 6.5 - it makes PLEG unusable if I cannot rely on PLEG working . NONE of the Actions trigger when it is in this state… thus, my alarm system does not function.

The only way to get it functioning again has been to unplug/replug

Luckily, this has not occurred during the day but I cannot wake up to an alarm going off because my motion sensors were not turned off and triggered by my 4 year old.

logs attached.

Richard are you working on this?
every morning I wake up to my house alarm when my kid trips the motion sensors.

If the issue is caused by is the license check please remove it until you fix the problem.

It’s fixed in 6.6

i appear to be having the same issue with 6.6 on only one of my plegs… I have 3 total and I get the failure on just one of them. What seemed to trigger it was I added a condition only to it… removing the condition did not change the failure. My 2 other plegs work, however this one does not… I really don’t want to rebuild it if I don’t have to since I just put a lot of code into it for my HVAC.

Failure from Startup:

04/08/14 19:04:54.419	LuaInterface::CallFunction_Startup-1 device 211 function Initialize failed [string "module("L_ProgramLogicCEE", package.seeall)..."]:513: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value) __LEAK__ this:32768 start:2310144 to 0x1519000 <0x2baab680>
01	04/08/14 19:04:54.419	LuImplementation::StartLua running startup code for 211 I_ProgramLogicEG.xml failed <0x2baab680>
06	04/08/14 19:04:54.421	Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 213 service: urn:futzle-com:serviceId:CountdownTimer1 variable: Remaining was: 0 now: 0 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:0xe6ce60/NONE duplicate:1 <0x2baab680>
06	04/08/14 19:04:54.421	Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 213 service: urn:futzle-com:serviceId:CountdownTimer1 variable: DueTimestamp was:  now:  #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:1 <0x2baab680>
06	04/08/14 19:04:54.422	Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 213 service: urn:futzle-com:serviceId:CountdownTimer1 variable: Counting was: 0 now: 0 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:0xe6c218/NONE duplicate:1

You can restore from the previous nights backup …
Or if you happened to have done a PLEG backup (new 6.6 feature) before you started to make some changes … you should be able to restore that device.

The error in the log does not seem to match the code … it seems to want to start previously delayed actions before the restart.
You might:

1. Do a browser refresh F5
  2. Goto the advanced tab … Look at the variable: ActionsMap
    If it’s not blank … save the value and post it back here.
  3. Set the value to blank. Save/restart Vera.

I ended up just deleting that pleg and rebuilding it. All appears to be good now.

Do a backup of your PLEG before you start changing it …
It will allow you to restore it if you make a mistake.

Yeppers. First thing I did. Thank you for adding that in.

I’m still getting these error. Just happened again today, and after an unplug just occurred.

Richard,
Happened again this morning and yesterday twice.

I am having the same issue with PLEG as well. Seems to have started with the last day or two and i have not made any changes to it to make it start doing this. I get a message at the top of the pages that states “Program Logic Event Generator[29] : Startup Lua Failed”. Im not sure what i should do i had just started to get a few conditions working this weekend and now nothing is working. i tried upluging my vera and pluging it back in with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated. I am still in the 30 day trial period and I want to make sure it will work for me before i pay for the license.