PLEASE support the super cool MIMOLITE Garage door plugin soon :)

I just installed three Mimolite modules along with the plugin on Vera. Coolest thing ever because it’s ONE single module per garage door, no hacks with timers or anything. The relay supports momentary operation (trigger garage door) and I wired it with only 4 wires into the garage motor (PWR, GND, TRIGGER and “door is closed” signal).
Result: On the Vera3 web portal I see the garage logo with the door open or closed and have the “Open/Close” button to activate the door.
Please see here: MiOS Apps

Now, Authomation only shows a ? Question mark and when you tap it, it seems like a regular light switch with ON and OFF. The door status is completely ignored (not even shows as fake lamp being on or off).

So… PLEASE support this in the beta pretty soon. Now that the Mimolite seems to be the best Z-Wave Garage solution and the mfr. themselves offer that plugin for the Vera, I’m sure more people are going to want to install that.

THANKS!!

Did you try the standard Garage Door Plugin with Minimote ? It looks like a lock and is supported AutHomation.

No I haven’t. I saw the plugin from Fortrezz which looks like a real garage and only has the one “open/close” button, no confusing “lock/unlock” like a door lock.

As an interim hack I might try it though. Where can I find that plugin you’re talking about?

Thanks

[quote=“electron73, post:3, topic:183037”]No I haven’t. I saw the plugin from Fortrezz which looks like a real garage and only has the one “open/close” button, no confusing “lock/unlock” like a door lock.

As an interim hack I might try it though. Where can I find that plugin you’re talking about?

Thanks[/quote]

I was in your shoes once. That plugin has caused some reversed contact switch issues. But more importantly it is not supported by any phone apps. And there is a reason for that.

Also the plus of the one button open close your speak of becomes a nightmare when triggering scenes. If you press it more then once your screwed and doesn’t show you your current state its in either.

The lock and unlock icon is made that way as its universal just like a door. If you press unlock it will open if you press unlock again it will no nothing. If you press unlock on accident 2 times it will not stop the door midways and get all confused like one button will.

The plugin was not made by Fortrezz and they don’t support it. Myself and other created threads on the reversed door contact issue only to never get it fixed. And the creator went MIA. (do a search)

Once you go to the standard garage door app you wont go back and every app that supports a door lock (don’t know of one that doesn’t) will work with it.

I have a vera 2 currently and a vera 3 enroute. I wanted garage door automation through vera and considered most options from relays to the linear device and iris. Well yesterday I decided that for 225.00 a complete chamberlain opener with gateway and battery backup was a better solution than automating my 5 year old builders grade noisy Wayne dalton. I have a wink hub, so the chamberlain integrated immediately. 3 hours total time start to cleanup and it works perfectly. Now I just want either a vera plugin for the wink hub or visa versa. 20 years of playing with automation and all I now want is one simple graphical interface and for stuff to work.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:4, topic:183037”][quote=“electron73, post:3, topic:183037”]No I haven’t. I saw the plugin from Fortrezz which looks like a real garage and only has the one “open/close” button, no confusing “lock/unlock” like a door lock.

Thanks[/quote]

I was in your shoes once. That plugin has caused some reversed contact switch issues. But more importantly it is not supported by any phone apps. And there is a reason for that.

Also the plus of the one button open close your speak of becomes a nightmare when triggering scenes. If you press it more then once your screwed and doesn’t show you your current state its in either.

The lock and unlock icon is made that way as its universal just like a door. If you press unlock it will open if you press unlock again it will no nothing. If you press unlock on accident 2 times it will not stop the door midways and get all confused like one button will.

The plugin was not made by Fortrezz and they don’t support it. Myself and other created threads on the reversed door contact issue only to never get it fixed. And the creator went MIA. (do a search)

Once you go to the standard garage door app you wont go back and every app that supports a door lock (don’t know of one that doesn’t) will work with it.[/quote]

OK the app (plugin) from Fortrezz does have a way to reverse the contact. My contact shows correctly. All I had to do is use the “D_MimoLiteGarageDoor_invert.xml” file just as someone had mentioned.

OK, back to the LOCK emulating plugin. Again: Where can I find that?

[quote=“electron73, post:6, topic:183037”]OK the app (plugin) from Fortrezz does have a way to reverse the contact. My contact shows correctly. All I had to do is use the “D_MimoLiteGarageDoor_invert.xml” file just as someone had mentioned.

OK, back to the LOCK emulating plugin. Again: Where can I find that?[/quote]

Again Fortezz did not make a plugin nor if you call them will they help your with it. (you will see it says for use with fortress MiMOlite) It was actually created by the user “lylavoie”. I have looked at the current instructions (nor are these instructions hosted on fortress website, but could be linked) and see they have been updated now with the revised file now to fix the errors. I also noticed all the negative reviews including mine (about being backwards) have been removed now too.

The one with the lock is in the MIOS app store. Called “Garage Door” and it was devolved by Richard here is his website.

http://rts-services.com/Vera/Plugin/GarageDoor/

Ok thanks for the link. Are there any instructions available on how to make that plugin work with the MIMOLite? It is asking for manual input of an ID for a switch and another ID for a door status sensor. The MIMOLite is just one module, how will the plugin know the door status?

You need to install the MIMOlite plugin first. That will create 3 devices I believe you will only need 2 the relay and the sensor. With those id’s you’ll put them into the Garage door plugin.

Uh, stacking plugins on top of each other and creating a bunch of unnecessary extra devices? :frowning:
That sounds like I’ll end up with 9 fake devices ( I have 3 garage doors) and then three emulated locks on top, so 12 cards cluttering up the Vera for 3 doors.
I really liked the idea of the quick and simple and very well functioning plugin I have, only that AutHomation HD is not showing the status is a bit of a bummer.
How can we coerce the lock emulation plugin to pull the status info directly from the device like the Fortrezz plugin does? At least then I would end up with 6 devices.
3 emulated locks and the three left-over “main” devices which I still need to hide somehow.

[quote=“electron73, post:10, topic:183037”]Uh, stacking plugins on top of each other and creating a bunch of unnecessary extra devices? :frowning:
That sounds like I’ll end up with 9 fake devices ( I have 3 garage doors) and then three emulated locks on top, so 12 cards cluttering up the Vera for 3 doors.
I really liked the idea of the quick and simple and very well functioning plugin I have, only that AutHomation HD is not showing the status is a bit of a bummer.
How can we coerce the lock emulation plugin to pull the status info directly from the device like the Fortrezz plugin does? At least then I would end up with 6 devices.
3 emulated locks and the three left-over “main” devices which I still need to hide somehow.[/quote]

Again Fortrezz doesn’t make a plugin.

Your installing the MIMOlite plugin as it brings the capabilities into Vera. Then your using the garage door app to put those to use.

If you want to hide everything you can. In Authomation just hold it down and hit the eye. Very easy and I use that for all my virtual switches and other behind the scenes stuff. If you want to hid them on the vera UI page you can click apps, then develop apps, then hit edit start up, then type in luup.attr_set(“invisible”,“1”,XX) with the XX being the device number you want to hide. You can create multiple lines to hid all of them. Here is my example below with devices 89,90, 114, 115, 181 and 182. Hit go then reload and they will be hidden. Delete this to show them again.

luup.attr_set(“invisible”,“1”,89)
luup.attr_set(“invisible”,“1”,90)
luup.attr_set(“invisible”,“1”,114)
luup.attr_set(“invisible”,“1”,115)
luup.attr_set(“invisible”,“1”,181)
luup.attr_set(“invisible”,“1”,182)

The problem is solved for now by switching to iPhone and using VeraMate. That app supports the door directly, without the hacks above. Just as I had wished Authomation would :slight_smile:

Authomation supports the “Garage door plugin” and has for some time. I have 3 garage doors and a driveway gate all using it. Actually all Android apps that I know of support it as it’s a lock file and every app supports locks.