Please keep us informed

Please explain why, suddenly and without warning, Alexa stopped controlling my devices connected through my Ezlo Secure hub for the past days and how long this outage will last.

Please answer the following questions.

• who disabled/turned off/broke it; you or Amazon or another party?  it's my understanding that you disabled it to work on enhancing it.
• why must it be down for longer than a few minutes?  so you can develop it?  why can't you develop in parallel and just switch it over when ready?
• if you planned the outage why didn't you make an official announcement about it with an approximate duration?   I wasted a lot of time debugging it (rebooting the hub, reinstall alexa skills, forum posts, etc.)
• is there any other information on this topic we should know?

Hello @chuckf2

Our Amazon Alexa integration service is not working since a few days ago but our team is working to solve the issue as soon as possible.

We will let you know as soon as we get more news.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Jonathan Botero.
Customer Care Tier 1 Support.

So that’s your response, you have no idea why it’s down or how long it will be down.

Once the service is restored will you give us a complete of this outage? The cause, the fix and what’s been done to ensure it doesn’t happen again? I am respectfully requesting that you provide this information when it becomes available.

Hello @chuckf2

We apologize for the inconvenience.

We will let you know as soon as we get more news.

Regards,

Jonathan Botero.
Customer Care Tier 1 Support.

So, still no clue why voice isn’t working?

Voice command suddenly started working again with Alexa and NO word from Ezlo on why it was out.

I wouldn’t provide you an answer either given your condescending, rude, and over the top anger.

Maybe before launching another hate post make it proportional to your monthly subscription rate paid for the Ezlo Service.

You should be happy its fixed, Ezlo isn’t obligated to share inner details of s/w fixes, root causes and so on. I don’t suppose your home router/modem vendor is sending you problem reports of every bug fix and patch in that appliance. Why do you expect it here? Is Verizon and Comcast sending you outage updates to your email. Nope.

Oh brother.

1 Like

Hi @chuckf2 ,

We are doing our best to provide an uninterrupted, stable and feature rich service at all times.
Issues with Alexa were caused by some limitations on Amazon side regarding processing time combined with some performance degradation on several services from our side, which caused intermittent issues for some users and in some particular cases, even complete outage. Once we identified the cause we applied an emergency hotfix, we continue to monitor the situation and we are reviewing entire flow in order to prevent similar situations in the future.

We will do our best to keep the community updated on foreseeable outages. This one was because of an Amazon service criteria which didn’t happen before.

Thanks for your patience and interest.

1 Like

Your fanboy rant isn’t helping anyone.

1 Like

Now I understand. Thank you for the update.

I’m getting “device not responding “. Then sometimes it works but it’s delayed 30 seconds or so and other times it doesn’t work.