Please help me go in the right direction from Vera Lite -

I am running ui5 on vera lite. I have multiple cameras, battery powered motion detectors, pleg, alerts, door locks, door switches and most importantly AD2USB for my alarm panel. I have a vera edge still in the box from when they offered the rebate. I should also say that my vera lite will no longer go into include mode but other than not being able to add more motion or cameras, it is working adequately.

I see that the vera plus is another $150. Frankly, my time is worth more than that so I am looking for guidance on skipping my vera edge altogether and going directly to the vera plus, or with about 30 devices is there any reason to not go forward with my existing Edge? If the Edge is going to be ‘edged’ out, I would like to only have to go through this process once.

Based upon what I am reading in the forum, if my vera lite could go into include mode, I would most likely just wait a little longer to go to ui7. So I am asking, should I stick with my existing situation until UI7 is more stable, do the migration to the Edge, or order a Plus and focus my energies on that? Thanks to all of you, if you have any other considerations to share, I welcome them.

I would stick with UI5 till vera gets the battery devices working properly. It would be doubtful that Vera would stop supporting a device, considering the original veralites are still working with the new UI7 code.

IMHO for a new purchase the vera plus would be the way to go… why not? For existing users the “plus” benefits are still yet to be developed. You could always drop another 179.00 on an Amazon Echo and get the hue bridge software to voice control Vera scenes (that is what I am doing)

thank you jnofsinger. I appreciate your time.

I understand what you are saying about the battery device issues, they seem to be abundant.

My biggest problem with ui5 is that unless i do something dramatic to my veralite, i cannot grow my system. it will not go into the mode that allows me to add devices. I may read up on that some more, but it seemed pretty invasive. But at least for now, it is working.

I already own the edge but I assume I can’t put ui5 on that. again, perhaps i should confirm.

Thanks again, good luck, and I will also look into echo.