Please help configuring Bosch Flexidome 5000 cameras for Vera secure

I currently have a Vera3 and am planning on installing a new Vera secure from scratch. I have a few questions about adding my current Bosch Flexidome Cameras to my system. My current configuration works with Vera on my cell phone but is very laggy and is nowhere near real time.

I currently have ATT U-Verse Internet connection (8 Meg package) I have T-Mobile Samsung Note 3 and I live in Metro Detroit Area (Cell signals are very strong and never get drop outs with 3G)

1st Should I use static IP addressing for my cameras back to my router/switch, currently they are in DHCP?

2nd What stream should I use for LAN usage and should I set up the second stream to be optimized for internet usage on my cell phone to Vera Secure?

Any tips and configurations recommendations would be greatly appreciated

I would leave the DHCP on but you can reserve each devices’ MAC address to an IP so that it acts like a static IP. Others have reported problems using static IP’s on some devices. It makes trouble shooting easier if your IP table does not change.

Thank you for the reply. Do you have any idea how I should setup the streaming config for each camera for LAN/Live view and NET streaming to my Cell phone?

Thank you

I do not have those cameras. I use Blue Iris for recording on my computer and integration with Vera. My cameras come with an iPhone app I used to live stream to my phone, but via Blue Iris, I get stills every few seconds on Vera viewable through VeraMate.

Tutorials or other pointers for using Blue Iris would be greatly appreciated.

I am using SD cards in each cam for recording and the Bosch video client app for local LAN viewing. I tested the Bosch phone app and it seemed to work much better than using Vera, maybe I will stick with that.

Like most people here I would love to integrate my cams into Vera to have everything on one app if possible.
Does your current setup slow Vera app down and will it use up storage space on Vera? My Vera3 is giving me a message that I cannot update to new Firmware because of no storage space.

Thank you!

You can search the forum to setup Blue Iris - that is how I did it a couple of years ago.

To update the firmware on a Vera 3, you have to backup, restore factory settings to free memory, update, and then restore from backup.

Thank you. as for Vera3 I am giving her off to a friend FREE!

Don does Blue Iris slow down the Vera UI, I see other postings stating connecting them by default to Vera sags performance on the Vera CPU?

Not that I have noticed but my set up is not very large or complicated.

Ill post up a video tomorrow showing how to make one with Windows movie maker. Iknow there are a few people that dont know how to make em so it might help?